Rovio Entertainment and Activision Publishing have launched the popular mobile game, Angry Birds Star Wars on Xbox360, PS3, Nintendo 3DS, Wii, Wii U and PS Vita, and confirmed that Angry Birds Star Wars will be a launch title for Xbox One and PS4.
Jami Laes, Executive Vice President of Games at Rovio Entertainment declared, “Angry Birds Star Wars brings together fans from multiple generations and across two widely loved fictional worlds. The success of Angry Birds Star Wars is a testament to the versatility of these iconic franchises. As a company we want to be where-ever the fans are, so we are thrilled to be partnering with Activision to bring this one-of-a-kind experience to console and handheld gaming fans.”
Angry Birds Star Wars takes players on a captivating adventure across the galaxy, with inventive challenges and tantalising force powers; focusing on the astronomical struggle between the ragged Rebel Birds and treacherous Imperial Pigs. The action-strategy game will feature:
- Sharp and Colourful HD visuals
- Over 200 stages + 20 exclusive levels
- Co-op and Competitive Multiplayer modes
- Achievements, Trophies and Leaderboards
- Touch-Screen Controls on Nintendo 3DS
- Automatic video capture and online sharing with Xbox One and PS4
- PS4 applies DualShock 4 controller’s touchpad to offer precision and touch-screen handling
- Xbox One offers timed challenges and voice command support and intuitive gesture controls through Kinect
Angry Birds Star Wars is currently available for a retail price of $49.99 for Wii U, $39.99 for Xbox 360, PS3, PS Vita and Wii and $29.99 for Nintendo 3DS. The PS4, Xbox One versions will be available for each console’s respective launch in November, both priced at $49.99.