Fantasy MMO Albion Online Launches Across PC, Mac and Linux
Whether you aspire to be a wandering highwayman, exploring the world and providing for number one, or dedicate yourself to the needs of your Guild, supplying the highest quality ore in the realm, the wait is over and Albion Online is here to help make those fantasies a reality!
BERLIN, GERMANY – July 17, 2017 – Developed by Sandbox Interactive, fantasy MMORPG Albion Online has officially arrived on PC, Mac and Linux, bringing with it a community of dedicated MMO fans. Kicking off their adventures with a clean slate after the beta server wipe, Legendary Founder and Legendary Starter Pack owners have already begun taking their first steps in the sprawling land of Albion, staking their claim on the untamed wilds and free markets therein.
Epic Founders and Starters will be the next group to enter the fray, joining Albion’s servers on July 18th at 13:00 UTC, followed by Veteran Founders and Starters on July 19th at 13:00 UTC. Can’t wait to start forging out on your own adventure? Download the client and grab a Legendary Starter Pack to dive in right away!
Featuring a player-driven economy and the flexibility of its “You Are What You Wear” class system, Albion Online delivers a unique MMO experience that shines a spotlight on the actions of its community. Borders fluctuate as guilds vie for land in an unending PvP struggle. Player-crafted goods and equipment populate the realm’s vendors. Enterprising individuals corner local markets with their own storefronts. Rangers can trade in their bows for axes as they collect lumber to fuel their guild’s war effort.
Everyone – be they warriors, gatherers, crafters, merchants or bandits – matters in the forging of Albion Online’s rich and living history. So whether you’re ready to strike out with a group of likeminded adventurers or retreat to your own personal island home, the wilds of Albion are yours to explore and shape.
Albion Online Features:
- Tell your story: Inhabit a persistent world where you decide what your legacy will be. Will you take up the mantle of a legendary warrior? What about a world-renowned armorsmith?
- Player-driven economy: From shopkeepers’ wares to every item that mobs drop, players craft the goods that keep Albion’s economic wheel spinning.
- Change the game. Go classless: Don’t feel burdened by your role. Embrace Albion’s “You Are What You Wear” system and shift your role with ease.
- Represent your guild: Connect and coordinate with other players to expand your territory on an ever-shifting map as you take on rival guilds and shape Albion in your image.
- Be part of a community: Join over 250,000 dedicated players in the beta alone.
About Sandbox Interactive
Sandbox Interactive is an independent development studio founded in January 2012 and is based in Berlin, Germany, currently employing 52 full-time and more than a dozen freelance programmers and designers on their cross-platform sandbox MMO Albion Online. Sandbox Interactive follows the mantra that the creation of your world and interact with other players are paramount to entertainment – and that these ideas are truly brought to life in the sandbox genre. With Albion Online, they are making a game with compelling gameplay and the player’s experience squarely in the foreground.