While this not be a traditional Animal Crossing game, Happy Home Designer aims to appeal to fans of both the series and Amiibo owners, being the first game ever to support Amiibo cards. To celebrate this release, Nintendo is releasing a heap of new products that all tie in to the games launch including a new 3DS design, Amiibo scanner for the older 3DS models and Amiibo card packs. All of this will be releasing alongside Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer on October 3rd. A full list including prices is available below.
- New Nintendo 3DS XL Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer Edition: a white New Nintendo 3DS XL system with a unique, game-themed cover design, a download code for a digital copy of Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer and one special amiibo card (SRP AU$269.95)
- Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer + NFC Reader/Writer Pack: a physical copy of the Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer game, one special amiibo card and the NFC Reader/Writer accessory (SRP AU$69.95)
- Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer Standalone Game (SRP AU$59.95). For a limited time after launch copies of the game will come with one special amiibo card.
- Standalone NFC Reader/ Writer accessory (SRP AU$29.95)
- New Nintendo 3DS Cover Plates: one features K.K. Slider and the other features a variety of animals from the series (SRP AU$17.95 each)
- Series 1 Animal Crossing amiibo cards Pack: each pack contains 1 special amiibo card and 2 regular amiibo cards (SRP AU$4.95)
Also coming later in Q4 2015 in Australia and New Zealand is the New Nintendo 3DS + Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer Pack: a white New Nintendo 3DS system with a pre-installed digital copy of Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, a unique set of Cover Plates and one special amiibo card. These Cover Plates will not be sold separately at a later date.
Animal Crossing fans with a penchant for interior or exterior design can go all out with Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Join the Nook’s Homes family business and make hundreds of your favourite animals happy by designing their dream home – some might even ask you to spruce up their garden! Go beyond home decor and try your hand at bigger projects like a school or a café and assign unexpected roles to some of your favourite animal friends.
The Amiibo cards come in packs of 3 and are randomly distributed. Each pack contains 1 special card. A special card means it features a character whose house you won’t be able to build without using its amiibo card. Each card can be used across multiple copies of the game so they are able to be gathered and traded without issue. There are at least 24 cards in the series 1 set but it is unknown how many special cards there are or normal cards. The cards will be compatible with the Wii U game Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival.