Indie developers Bloober Team have released the first trailer for their upcoming exclusive PS4 title Basement Crawl. The strategic action game is said to feature challenging environments, competitive multiplayer and, as seen from the trailer, a number of creepy characters.
Basement Crawl features an unforgettable and entirely mesmerizing style with disturbing characters and spine-chilling settings. The game, however, forgoes exaggerated violence to create a sinisterly clever but engaging experience that remains both edgy and entertaining.
In the game, players will face-off – with up-to-eight players online or up-to-four via local play –in grid-based arenas as they race to set diabolical traps and explosives in order to hinder or defeat their enemies. Basement Crawl will feature four classes, each utilizing a variety of unique bombs and power-ups, allowing players to mix and match strategy for each class.
The game itself is said to feature:
- An Engagingly Unnerving Style – a ghoulish but entertaining presentation inspired by classic grindhouse movies, twisted horror films and even other games, such as Manhunt.
- Classic Gameplay with a Modern Twist – brings together the best gameplay elements of classic titles like Bomberman with modern technology and online features.
- Multiplayer – players can battle to be the best against others either locally for up-to-four competitors or online for up-to-eight contenders.
- An Awesome Party Game – easy-to-learn gameplay and a focus on multiplayer fun makes Basement Crawl the perfect house-party fragfest.
- Classes and Characters – the game features four unpredictable and macabre characters, each representing a unique class, and each sporting special abilities and skills.
- 2.5D? – Basement Crawl is made with a 3D-engine, but presented in classic 2D, allowing players to control the position of the camera while enjoying dynamic lights and effects.
- Arenas – nine uniquely hair-raising arenas are included for players to master and conquer, including the Slaughterhouse, Restaurant Dungeon, Abandoned Circus and more.
- Online Features Include – Leaderboards for comparing highest scores with friends and other players; Party chat for PS4, Trophies, Invites, Ranks.
Basement Crawl will release within the PS4 launch window as one of the first new downloadable indie titles. Check out the trailer below and begin your descent into a twisted world or promises and darkness. It’s safer in here…