Oceanic players of Star Wars The Old Republic will be pleased to know that they are now eligible to submit an application to have their characters transferred to the newly released Oceanic servers across from the US servers. The applications began earlier today and are open until the 24th of April at 2:01PM EST. After that time, players may not submit or edit their applications.
There is also a massive list of disclaimers which we have reproduced below for your perusal –
If you choose to move your character to a new Asia Pacific server, please be aware of the following:
- If your character name is already taken on the Asia Pacific server, your character will be transferred, but you will be prompted to choose a new name for the character when you log into the new server.
- You cannot exceed 8 characters (including transferred and non- transferred characters) on any given destination server.
- If you have unlocked a Legacy name on the Asia Pacific server, any characters transferred to that server will use the Asia Pacific server’s Legacy name.
- If you have not unlocked a Legacy name on the Asia Pacific server and the transferred character is eligible for a Legacy unlock by completing Chapter One of their class stories, you will be prompted to choose a Legacy name when you log into the new Asia Pacific server.
- The character will no longer be a part of its guild – Guilds and guild membership will not be transferred to your new server. You will need to create or join a new guild on your new server.
- Your Friends and Ignore lists will be reset – These lists are server specific, so you will need to repopulate your lists with players from your new server.
- The Asia Pacific server of your character transfer request does not need to match the server type of your original server.
Before you transfer your character, it is important to ensure the following:
- The character has no items listed on the Galactic Trade Network (auction house) – active Galactic Trade Network listings will not be transferred to your new server.
- The character has no items or credits in their mailbox – In-game mail will not be transferred to your new server. Make sure you have removed everything in your mailbox before initiating the transfer. Otherwise, the contents will be lost.
For more information, please check out the character transfer form here.