Very recently Capcom had a counter running, counting down to something. That something? It was shown the have the initials ‘DD’, as well as being loosely related to a dragon of some kind. The reveal? Capcoms latest franchise: “Dragon’s Dogma”.
This new game from Capcom is set in a huge open world and looks to be fully interactive as well as action packed. The new franchise also allows for three companions to travel and adventure with, that also act separately to the player, but also have learned from observing the players actions. Dragon’s Dogma promises an epic story and awesome combat.
• Highly Stylized Action Combat – The creators of this game were responsible for the action hits – Resident Evil® 4 and Devil May Cry® 4.
• Fight With Ability – The soul of combat comes down to how the game is played, where you strike the enemy, and how you react to their attacks.
• Accessible Depth – Bringing an unprecedented level of depth to the action genre, every decision has an effect on gameplay in an intuitive way that does not require micromanagement. The weight of your weapon, the material of your armor – even the length of your legs – plays a role in how you fight your battles, but does not interrupt the flow of the action.
• Epic Adventure – Dragon’s Dogma is built from the ground up as an action experience for consoles with a continuous, epic storyline that stands alone in style, scope and substance.
• Open World – Utilizing Capcom’s proprietary MT Framework engine and the groundbreaking graphical styles and lighting effects used in Resident Evil® 5 and Lost Planet® 2, Dragon’s Dogma expands the environment to create a vast, richly detailed world, ripe for exploration.
• A Rich Population – In addition to interacting with hundreds of fully voiced NPCs, you’ll be able to fight a large variety of creatures, from goblins to griffins and dragons. Each enemy requires a different strategy and provides a unique experience.
Platforms: PS3™, Xbox 360®
Release Date: 2012
Rating: ESRB M (TBC)
For more information check out –
Snow’s Blog at Capcom Unity.
Be sure to check out the embedded trailer below.