Fans of the popular Stronghold series now can celebrate as Stronghold 3 has now been announced! FireFly Studio’s much loved franchise will be having the newest installment published by SouthPeak Games. The Stronghold franchise has sold in excess of five million copies to date, generating over fifty million dollars in revenue.
Here is the official Announcement from SouthPeak:
“Stronghold 3 is an extremely impressive addition to our continually growing portfolio,” said Melanie Mroz, SouthPeak Games’ CEO. “We believe that Stronghold 3 will be an important growth driver for SouthPeak and that the Stronghold brand will benefit from our proven distribution, sales and marketing expertise. FireFly Studios are creating a true masterpiece, pushing the boundaries of what can be expected in this type of game. Millions of existing fans are sure to be excited by this incredible leap forward and new fans will be introduced to a game of superior quality and exceptionally broad appeal.”
Features are set to include:
- Improved building system allowing unprecedented levels of realism and intricacy in castle and village design
- Realistic physics and cutting-edge graphics bring siege warfare to life in stunning detail
- Story-driven gameplay engages players across two campaigns: combat or economic
- Dramatic nighttime sieges add a new dimension to the Stronghold franchise
- Besiege other players’ castles or defend your own in a range of action-packed online multiplayer modes
- Play through accurately re-created sieges from the pages of history. Will you succeed where others failed?
Castle building has been the foundation of the franchise and has been significantly improved, providing players with unprecedented control over the placement of buildings. This allows them to create their kingdom with a precision that compliments their carefully planned tactics. What’s more, village planning is no longer confined to a grid system; players can now create castle walls that flow gracefully… until they’re blasted to pieces by the enemy.
Also new to the series are night sieges, which should open up a whole new door of strategy. Players will have to hunt enemy soldiers cloaked in darkness and carefully choose their weapons in order to survive the dark hours.
With a whole new graphics engine with amazing details on every environment and a newer, more refined physics engine, Stronghold 3 is looking quite promising for hardcore fans of the series and new players alike.
Stronghold 3 is set to release in the first quarter of 2011. For more information you can check out www.stronghold3.com.