Street Fighter V fans will be happy to hear that Capcom announced during a stage event at Tokyo Game Show that they are planning on releasing Urien as well as the latest update to the fighting game on September 22nd. Like past fighters, Urien will be available for purchase using in-game currency, real money, or part of the first season pass.
This update will also add extra ways players can earn money in the game by introducing daily targets that reward players for completing random tasks throughout the day and can reward anything from 100 to 5000 Fight Money as well as the long awaited VS CPU mode that literally every fighting game has offered in the past, giving players a chance to fight custom matches against AI opponents of their choosing.
The update will also offer players the ability to better analyze their fighting styles through the Fighter Profile system and the ability to perform special environmental stage KOs on certain stages and you can see what those stages are plus the various assorted bug fixes and adjustments below:
- Shadaloo Base
- Hillside Plaza
- Underground Arena
- Forgotten Waterfall
- Union Station
- Kanzuki Estate
- City in Chaos
- Apprentice Alley
- Lair of the Four Kings
- The issue which added an additional frame of lag to PlayStation 4 fight sticks on PlayStation 4 has been identified and patched. Now input time is unified across PlayStation 4, legacy controllers and PC.
- Juri’s V-Reversal was unintentionally able to hit downed opponents under specific circumstances. Juri’s V-Reversal was corrected so that it cannot hit downed opponents.
- Juri’s invincibility during her V-Reversal was unintentionally short. This was corrected by setting the invincibility on Juri’s V-Reversal to 14 frames after the hit box of the move disappears.
- When Ibuki was hit during a crouching fierce, she would unintentionally go into a standing state damage animation. This has been corrected so that when hit during a crouching fierce, Ibuki goes into a crouching state damage animation.
- The light version of Yoga Sunburst would fire regardless of whether the player was holding down punch or not. This has been corrected so that when the charge portion of L Yoga Sunburst is guarded, holding down LP will maintain the charge motion.
- When the tip of jumping LP hits an opponent or is guarded during Dhalsim’s V-Skill, the Critical Art gauge would increase rather than the V-Gauge. This has been corrected so when a jumping LP hits an opponent or is guarded during Dhalsim’s V-Skill, it now builds V-Gauge.
- When Dhalsim performs an airborne Yoga Teleport against an opponent on the edge of the screen and performs a jumping attack afterwards, the jumping attack would be performed in the opposite direction of the opponent. The directional determination after Dhalsim appears from an airborne Yoga Teleport has been corrected, making it more difficult for this to occur.
- Under certain circumstances, moves that only hit opponents in a standing state would unintentionally miss during certain standing states. This has been corrected. The hurtboxes on characters recovering from getting hit out of the air, allowing moves that are designed to hit standing characters to properly hit. Additionally throw attacks that normally miss on crouching characters will no longer be able to connect on characters recovering from getting hit out the air as they transition to a crouching state.
- After the attack frames of Birdie’s jumping LK ended, Birdie’s hurtbox would unintentionally remain absent in his recovery frames until he landed. This has been corrected by setting a hurtbox to Birdie’s jumping LK recovery frames, until he lands.
- Currently, the game counts a disconnect between the “Another fight is Coming Your Way” screen until you pass-through the results screen by selecting “find another match” or “exit to main menu”. The range a disconnect penalty will be assessed will be changed to be between from when “Another Fight is Coming Your Way” to after League Points (LP) and Fight Money (FM) have been calculated on the “Results” screen.