STOCKHOLM — Oct. 7, 2021 — Kathy Rain: Director’s Cut, the revamped point-and-click mystery adventure game, will launch on October 26 for Windows, Mac, and Linux via Steam and GOG.com, as well as Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android. Today’s new trailer, narrated by Arielle Siegel, the voice of Kathy, breaks down some of the updated features on the original 2016 game coming in this new edition.
Launch date trailer for Kathy Rain: Director’s Cut:
Kathy Rain follows a burgeoning journalist as she investigates the mysterious death of her grandfather. Set during the age of laser discs and landlines in the 1990s, Kathy is armed only with her trusty motorcycle, a notepad, and her wits. Traveling all over her hometown of Conwell Springs, Kathy will uncover a local mystery that takes her on a tumultuous journey. What secrets are the people of this town hiding? Piece together the clues and follow the leads to discover the truth!
Kathy Rain: Director’s Cut Features:
- Extended storyline, including a fleshed out and more satisfying ending
- Multiple new areas to explore, with additional gameplay and puzzles
- 700+ new lines of dialogue performed by the original voice actors
- Widescreen 16:9 backgrounds
- Expanded and remixed soundtrack
- Different motorcycle skins to personalize Kathy’s motorcycle
- Full controller support
- No spoilers, but… DEATH SEQUENCES!
- Twice the number of Steam achievements
- Brazilian Portuguese translation, with additional languages to follow
- And more!
About Clifftop Games
Clifftop Games is an indie game developer based in rural Hedemora, Sweden. We’re committed to thought-provoking, intimate, story-driven experiences.
About Raw Fury
Raw Fury is a publisher where we don’t care about genres or mechanics – we care about experiences and emotions. What’s most important to us is helping developers make magic.