Set sail with Billy and Friend-Ship in the new adventure platformer out now on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch
LOS ANGELES — Oct. 5, 2021 — Manavoid Entertainment and Skybound Games have launched Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan today on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, PC via Steam and Nintendo Switch for $29.99. Join Billy and a colorful cast of characters in a wholesome, family-friendly and accessible 2.5D adventure platformer featuring RPG, creature-collecting, and puzzle elements. When the evil Leviathan drains the World of Imagination of its colors, it’s up to Billy and their crew to use the power of empathy and acceptance to make friends, discover new experiences, and help bring color back to the once-bright land!
Check out the first 30 minutes of gameplay for Rainbow Billy below:
“Rainbow Billy is a hopepunk, universal coming-of-age story that explores relatable themes like empathy, compassion, inclusion, and self-identity” said Chris Chancey, CEO and President at Manavoid Entertainment. “This has been such a deeply personal journey for us as a team to create, and we’re so excited to finally share it with people of all kinds around the world!”
- Explore a World of Imagination: From dark caverns to remote islands on the stormy seas, discover a rich, wholesome world filled with treasure, friendship… and danger!
- Fantastic Adventure with Relatable Themes: Restore color to a monochrome world and help your friends be their true selves in a story about empathy, courage and friendship.
- Befriend & Collect Cute Creatures: Meet over 60 strange, lovable creatures and help them in non-violent encounters! Create your own unique team to save the day!
- Solve Intricate Color Puzzles: Each world is filled with clever challenges and secrets that unlock new areas to explore!
- Vibrant 2.5D Visual Style: Rainbow Billy’s art style blends the personality of modern 2D cartoon characters in an imaginative 3D world with an energetic soundtrack to match!
- Open Accessibility: Adjust your experience with a range of accessibility features like color blindness support, a dyslexia-friendly font, single joystick controls and more!
- Fish for Resources: Because who doesn’t love a fishing mini-game?!
For more on the game, visit www.RainbowBilly.com.
About ManaVoid Entertainment
Founded in 2014, ManaVoid Entertainment prides itself on producing video games that mix and match known genres, themes and mechanics to create new and innovative experiences with a twinge of nostalgia. Our latest game, Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan, was funded on Kickstarter early in development. Since then, we’ve won the Ubisoft Indie Series Grand Prize in 2019, received additional funding from the Canada Media Fund, and were selected in the Indie MegaBooth and nominated for Best of PAX East in 2020.
With over 20 people on the team, ManaVoid is composed of AAA veterans with past experience at Ubisoft, WB Games, Eidos-Square Enix and more, as well as talented developers hired straight out of Quebec’s many game development universities. We’re an equal opportunity employer and happy to have a diverse team working on a project driven by themes of inclusion! www.manavoid.com
About Skybound Games
Skybound Games is a division of Skybound Entertainment with the capabilities to produce, develop, and license video games. The team works closely with creators to expand their unique and exceptional IP to new platforms. The Skybound Games slate houses everything from indie projects to high-budget franchise titles, with recent games including Telltale’s The Walking Dead, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Before Your Eyes and The Big Con.