Robotality’s gorgeous tomb-raiding, nazi-punching strategy RPG comes to cartridge, with extras!
London, UK – 8 October 2021. Robotality and Chucklefish today announced their turn-based strategy adventure PATHWAY will receive a physical edition courtesy of Limited Run Games. The Pathway physical edition includes a region-free cartridge, Adventurers Field Guide manual and a reverse full art cover sleeve, and a LRG Trading Card.
Haven’t seen Pathway before? Check out the Launch Trailer below.
Chucklefish and Robotality have worked hard to ensure that physical Switch collectors get a treat when they open up the Adventurers Field Guide. Lots of effort has gone into making the full colour manual as awesome as possible, filled to the brim with strategic gameplay info, special tips and extra nuggets directly from the dev team at Robotality.
Pre-orders will go live on the Limited Run Games website this Friday (October 8th) at 3pm BST / 4pm CEST / 10am EDT / 7am PDT. As the name suggests, the boxed copy will be available for a limited time only.
In a joint statement, the Pathway and Chucklefish teams said: “Having the opportunity to make a *real* physical copy of Pathway that you can actually hold in your hands is a dream come true for both our teams at Chucklefish and Robotality, and it wouldn’t have been possible without all of the requests and comments from our lovely community – so thank YOU for supporting the game! You’re awesome.”
The year is 1936 and Nazi influence stretches across Europe and the Middle East. Rumours abound of secret excavations, mysterious artifacts, occult rituals and objects of immense power. In Pathway, you’ll lead a team of bold adventurers into the deserts of Northern Africa to unearth ancient relics and uncover hidden treasures before they fall into evil hands.
Pathway is a fast-paced tactics game in a world of pulp adventure. Run for cover, flank enemies and use your team’s special abilities to turn history in your favour!
- Dynamic Adventures– Discover five campaigns of varying difficulty, with every attempt spawning a new web of narrative surprises and deadly skirmishes.
- Tough Choices– Explored locations offer hand-crafted narrative events and big choices. Search the well? Save the villagers? It’s up to you!
- Build your Team of Adventurers– Each of Pathway’s 16 unlockable characters has their own skills and quirks which impact combat and story encounters.
- Decisive Conflicts– Use cover and positioning in thrilling turn-based squad combat. Learn to make the best of your team’s abilities and equipment to defeat the forces of evil!
- Hidden Treasures– Trade-in valuable loot to upgrade your team’s arsenal with rare weapons and armour.
- Recover and Replay– Experiment with different team combinations and abilities until your foes have been vanquished!
- Hardcore Mode – The most challenging path yet, if you can complete Pathway on this setting we salute you!
Robotality is an independent game development studio headquartered in Germany but with developers all over the world. We believe that a small tight-knit and passionate group of people can produce some truly unique game experiences.
About Chucklefish Chucklefish are an independent game developer and publisher based in London, UK, with a love of charming pixel art and a drive to support and create amazing games. Since 2011, Chucklefish has developed its own games (Starbound and Wargroove) and supported indie developers to realize their own visions. They’re the publisher of titles such as Risk of Rain, Stardew Valley, Timespinner, Pathway, Eastward, INMOST and Starmancer. With our third in-house game – Witchbrook – in the works as well as many exciting projects from their publishing partners. Chucklefish have never been more proud to remain independent.