Retro-Inspired Rhythm FPS Coming to to PS4 and Xbox One on 5th October
Derby, UK – 15th Sept 2021: Playtonic Friends is thrilled to announce that BPM: Bullets Per Minute, first title from it’s new publishing label, will be launching on PS4 and Xbox One on 5th October.
Developed by Awe Interactive and originally released one year ago today, 15th September 2020, BPM: Bullets Per Minute is a fast and frenetic rhythm-based shooter that brings dungeon-based shooter action to the table, but encases it in a world where every single move – every shot, every jump, and every dodge – is pulled off to the beat of an epic rock soundtrack.
Winning praise from critics and plaudits from gamers upon its original release, Screen Rant described it as “engaging and addictive enough to make most titles out right now blush”.
As well as the game that launched on PC last autumn, console gamers will also be treated to all the additional content that has been rolled out by Awe Interactive since, including five brand new characters that let you play in a new unique way, three new weapons to encourage more killing of enemies to the beat, a brand new chapter with its own unique enemies, two new difficulties, and a mixture of brand new items, achievements, and assorted tweaks.
BPM: Bullets Per Minute Console features:
- Playable up to 4k @ 60fps on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S
- Shoot, jump and dodge to the beat while battling hordes of enemies.
- Fight powerful bosses in challenging boss battles that will push you to the edge.
- Explore randomly generated dungeons.
- Choose from 10 different characters with unique strengths and weaknesses.
- Wield a powerful arsenal of weapons, all with different behaviour for firing and reloading to the beat of the soundtrack.
- Battle a diverse array of enemies, each with unique rhythmic behaviours.
- Get overpowered and fire shotgun rockets while flying through the air.
- Utilise abilities that radically alter the way you play the game, from teleport to freezing bolts.
- Equip over 60 items that buff your character in unique and interesting ways.
- Experience an epic rock opera soundtrack.
- Challenge modes for extra gameplay.
BPM: Bullets Per Minute will launch on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One (playable upto 4k @ 60fps on next gen consoles) on 5th October
Playtonic Friends Twitter: @PTonicFriends
Playtonic Twitter: @PlaytonicGames
About Playtonic Friends:
Playtonic Friends is the new publishing label from independent video game developer Playtonic. Founded by the creative talent behind some of the most popular platform games of the past (including Donkey Kong Country and Banjo-Kazooie), Playtonic’s aim is to bring fun games that everyone loves to play to new and old audiences alike across multiple platforms! The core team of veterans mixed with fresh, youthful talent has collectively notched up hundreds of years of video game development. The studio’s first release as Playtonic was Yooka-Laylee, launched in April 2017, and funded as a result of Europe’s biggest video game Kickstarter! Playtonic is based in the heart of the Midlands in the UK near Burton upon Trent, within easy commuting distance of larger cities such as Derby, Nottingham, Leicester and Birmingham.
About Awe Interactive:
Awe Interactive was founded by David Jones in 2019 to make awe-inspiring games. David was joined by Josh Sullivan, Nathan Knight and Sam Houghton shortly after. We believe our calling is to make the best possible experiences for players like ourselves. We strive to create things that we and our players love. We feel that our calling is to create the next generation of great and ambitious games.