Seattle, WA – (September 2, 2021) – Publisher Kalypso Media and developer Gaming Minds Studios have today announced that due to unforeseen crosswinds, seafaring trade simulator Port Royale 4 will arrive on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S consoles on September 24, slightly later than originally expected.
The new-gen versions of the historic trade sim include a stunning 4K game world on PS5 and Xbox Series X (1080p on Xbox Series S), cross-gen save capability and real-time cloud rendering, and will arrive in both standard and extended digital editions – the latter featuring exclusive digital content such as 4 lighthouses and the blueprints to 5 magnificent parks with which players can decorate their settlements. A boxed Extended Edition will also be available at retail.
In Port Royale 4, set sail and join the colonial powers of Spain, England, France and the Netherlands in their fight for supremacy of the Caribbean in the 17th century. Take control of a colony as a young and ambitious governor and learn what it takes to manage and grow a small settlement into a bustling trader city.
Develop production chains connecting multiple islands and create complex trade routes across the Caribbean, covering the ever-growing needs of multiple cities. Make use of the detailed sea map to avoid stormy weather regions, cliffs or shallow waters. Fulfil tasks for your nation’s viceroy, earning more fame to unlock town buildings, ships and more. Conquer the cities of rival nations or hunt down their fleets with a letter of marque while also keeping a keen eye out for pirates and other privateers.
In Port Royale 4, combat encounters are turn-based, with up to 8 ships battling at once. Turn the tide with tactical captain maneuvers to ensure a glorious victory each and every fight.
- Choose from four colonial powerhouses: England, France, Spain and the Netherlands, each providing different benefits and unique gameplay styles
- Four single player campaigns following each nation on a path to glory
- Appoint a leader from four different character classes: The Explorer, Merchant, Buccaneer and Pirate
- Establish and manage trade with 60 Caribbean cities in a huge game world
- Navigate cliffs, shallow waters and stormy weather regions to optimize your trade routes
- Choose from 50 buildings to produce goods such as rum and luxuries
- Construct town buildings with neighbourhood effects to optimize productivity and manage the happiness of your citizens
- Sail 18 historically authentic ships from the late 16th and 17th centuries
- Engage in tactical, turn-based naval battles with powerful captains
- Unlock licenses, building permits, new buildings and ships by growing reputation within your chosen nation
For more information, please visit www.kalypsomedia.com
About the Kalypso Media Group
Kalypso Media Group GmbH is a fully independent publisher, developer and marketer of interactive entertainment software with 150 employees in 10 locations throughout Germany, England, France, Japan, and the United States, including Kasedo Games, Kalypso Media’s digital-first label, and three development studios – Realmforge Studios (Dungeons series), Gaming Minds Studios (Railway Empire, Port Royale) and Claymore Game Studios (upcoming Commandos game). Kasedo Games also now holds a majority stake in France-based developer Bulwark Studios, increasing the Kalypso Media Group’s total development studios to 4.
Specializing in developing strategy games for a global audience on all modern platforms, Kalypso Media’s IP portfolio includes the full rights to the Tropico series, Commandos, Port Royale, Dungeons, Sudden Strike, Railway Empire, and others. Kalypso Media’s recent releases are Commandos 2 – HD Remaster and Praetorians – HD Remaster, Railway Empire – Nintendo Switch™ Edition, Dungeons 3 – Complete Collection, Railway Empire – Complete Collection, Port Royale 4, Tropico 6 – Nintendo Switch™ Edition, Commandos 2 – HD Remaster for Nintendo Switch™ and Spacebase Startopia. Upcoming releases include Spacebase Startopia for Nintendo Switch™ (09/24/21) and Disciples: Liberation (10/21/21). Kasedo Games’ recent releases include Filament, console and tablet versions of Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus, Distant Kingdoms (available in Steam Early Access) as well as City of Gangsters.
Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo