Today’s PlayStation Showcase provided players with a tantalising first glimpse of God of War Ragnarök, two big surprises from Insomniac Games, as well as exciting updates on upcoming titles from PlayStation Studios and the industry’s most imaginative developers.
See the full list of announcements below. Or, if you missed it, you can check out the full Showcase here.
In addition to the showing of Santa Monica Studio’s action-adventure, viewers were treated to news that two exciting new titles are in development from veteran Insomniac Games Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 and Marvel’s Wolverine, the news that Gran Turismo 7 will launch on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 on Friday, 4 March 2022, and much more.
The team at Santa Monica Studios has unveiled the first look at the highly anticipated sequel that picks up a few years after the events of God of War (2018). The freezing winds of Fimbulwinter have come to Midgard, making survival for Kratos, Atreus, and Mimir in the Norse wilds even more challenging than before.
While the last game built an enormous amount of trust and understanding between father and son, there is still a great deal of complexity in their interactions – especially after the revelation of Atreus’ Giant heritage and the hidden prophecy only Kratos saw. Together, Kratos and Atreus will have to make a choice about which path they will take. Whatever they choose will define the fate of all those living in the Nine Realms as God of War Ragnarök approaches.
Check out the trailer here.
Veteran developer Insomniac Games has created two new exciting titles for PlayStation 5 consoles. Firstly, players will continue the journey of both Peter Parker and Miles Morales in their most epic single-player adventure yet with Marvel’s Spider-Man 2, coming exclusively to PlayStation 5 consoles in 2023.
Today’s game footage trailer is merely just a glimpse at what’s in store in terms of the new abilities our heroes will acquire, suits they will wear (more on that some other time), and the villains that will try to hunt them down. Speaking of villains, make sure to check out the trailer to see who’s coming to Spidey 2!
Another exciting announcement was the first glimpse of Marvel’s Wolverine. Marvel’s Wolverine is a standalone game being directed by Brian Horton (creative director) and Cameron Christian (game director), who recently led the creative efforts on Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales.
Check out the trailer for Marvel’s Wolverine!
Gran Turismo7 is both the culmination of the series which answers the expectations of Gran Turismo fans throughout the years, and at the same time it is a title that marks a beginning of a difficult mission to contain the full breadth of car culture from the past into a single video game. Even more exciting is the firm release date, coming March 4, 2022!
Check out the latest Gran Turismo 7 trailer here.
PlayStation Showcase: All the announcements
- First look at God of War Ragnarök
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 and Marvel’s Wolverine revealed
- Gran Turismo 7 arrives on PS5 and PS4 March 4
- Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection coming to PS5 and PC
- Tchia: Creating a game inspired by New Caledonia
- Down the rabbit hole in Deathloop’s story trailer
- Bloodhunt comes to PlayStation 5 in 2021
- Breaking down the story trailer for Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy
- Face the unknown in new Ghostwire: Tokyo trailer
- GTAV and GTA Online now coming to PS5 March 2022
- Rewriting history – Alan Wake Remastered brings the writer’s story to PS4 and PS5
- Welcome to the world of Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction
- Journey with Frey to Forspoken’s fantastical world next spring
- Breaking down the Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands gameplay trailer
- A new look at the stylish action of Project Eve
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic – Remake is the legendary tale remade on PlayStation 5
For more information on this morning’s Showcase, head to the PlayStation Blog.