New featurette gives a glimpse at some of the game’s eclectic cast before launch
Seattle, Wash. – (September 23, 2021) – Publisher Kalypso Media and developer Frima Studio have today released a brand-new video featurette in preparation for the launch of Disciples: Liberation next month. ‘The Companions of Disciples: Liberation’ introduces players to a handful of the unique and morally dubious individuals whom they will be able to get to know, recruit, and even romance, if they so wish, as they fight and loot their way across the war-torn world of Nevendaar.
Disciples: Liberation marks a new beginning for the franchise, allowing players to explore a richly detailed dark fantasy world, fight foul beasts in intricate turn-based combat, take on hundreds of unique quests and foster relationships with an assortment of in-world factions: from a human empire tinged by religious extremism to the dark forces of the undead lead by a mad queen. Alliances forged, players can build an army and trade hard-earned resources for an assortment of upgrades to their home base. No choice is without consequence and depending on decisions and political alignments, one wrong move could see a deadly domino effect, irrevocably changing the course of their story.
Check out the first 30 Minutes of Gameplay For Disciples Liberation below
A free demo for Disciples: Liberation will also be available in the Steam Next Fest on October 1-7.
- 80+ hour single-player campaign: experience a dark fantasy epic over three acts, with more than 270 quests and objectives, and 5 unique endings
- Explore a war-torn overworld: journey through 4 diverse environments – from luscious woodlands to fiery volcanic plains and icy tundra – and unearth the secrets hidden within the land
- Journey together: join forces with 4 in-game factions – from proud elven clans to remorseless undead hordes, each with their own motivations and gameplay incentives
- Write your own story: pick from 4 uniquely skilled classes and define your place in the world, recruiting others to take up arms for your cause
- Build a base: take on quests for precious resources and use political savvy to build a place of planning and sanctuary
- Fight for your life: recruit 50+ units and build an army best suited to your play style whilst honing both steel and spell in intricate-turned based combat
- Challenge deadly bosses: pit your party against horrific monsters and beasts, each requiring a unique strategy
- Choice is everything: let your decisions guide your fate and directly influence what sort of leader you become
- Fight your friends: put forth the ultimate challenge and battle for supremacy in 2-player online skirmishes
About the Kalypso Media Group
Kalypso Media Group GmbH is a fully independent publisher, developer and marketer of interactive entertainment software with 150 employees in 10 locations throughout Germany, England, France, Japan, and the United States, including Kasedo Games, Kalypso Media’s digital-first label, and three development studios – Realmforge Studios (Dungeons series), Gaming Minds Studios (Railway Empire, Port Royale) and Claymore Game Studios (upcoming Commandos game). Kasedo Games also now holds a majority stake in France-based developer Bulwark Studios, increasing the Kalypso Media Group’s total development studios to 4.
Specializing in developing strategy games for a global audience on all modern platforms, Kalypso Media’s IP portfolio includes the full rights to the Tropico series, Commandos, Port Royale, Dungeons, Sudden Strike, Railway Empire, and others. Kalypso Media’s recent releases are Commandos 2 – HD Remaster and Praetorians – HD Remaster, Railway Empire – Nintendo Switch™ Edition, Dungeons 3 – Complete Collection, Railway Empire – Complete Collection, Port Royale 4, Tropico 6 – Nintendo Switch™ Edition, Commandos 2 – HD Remaster for Nintendo Switch™ and Spacebase Startopia. Upcoming releases include Spacebase Startopia for Nintendo Switch™ (9/24/21) and Disciples: Liberation (10/21/21). Kasedo Games’ recent releases include Filament, console and tablet versions of Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus, Distant Kingdoms (available in Steam Early Access) as well as City of Gangsters.