Releasing later to other platformsSeptember 1st, 2021 — Gamious and Whitethorn Games announce their upcoming slice-of-life interactive story game Lake is out now on Xbox Series X|S, as well as Steam for Windows PC!
It’s September 1, 1986. You take on the role of forty-something Meredith Weiss, who returns from the big city to her quiet hometown. She exchanges her busy career at a software company to fill in for her dad, the local mail carrier.
During her two-week stay in beautiful Providence Oaks, Oregon, she runs into a few familiar faces as well as plenty of new folk. As Meredith, you get to decide who to talk to, who to befriend and perhaps even start a romantic relationship with.
Whatever happens, at the end of her stint she’ll have to make up her mind: return to her demanding job in the big city, or stay in the town she grew up in?
Play Lake and…
- Escape to a beautiful, rustic environment without cellphones and the Internet.
- Drive around the lake in your dad’s trusty mail truck, or let the auto-pilot do the work.
- Talk to a range of engaging characters, each with their own personalities and quirks.
- Choose after-work activities: hang out with your friends, help out your neighbors or stay home and read a book.
- Experience two weeks of branching story that doesn’t shy away from slice-of-life themes.
- Determine your own story: there are no ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ answers or endings, simply what you want to happen.
We are Gamious, a game developer based in Haarlem, The Netherlands. A nice bunch of people who love to create original and accessible games with pure gameplay – games we love to play ourselves. We either self-publish, work with publishers, or a mix between these two, to get the games to the right platforms. Check out our website: https://www.gamious.com/
About Whitethorn Games
We’re an indie game publisher focusing on pleasant, cozy games that can be played in pieces, that require no special skills or knowledge, and that anyone can pick up and play. We’re believers in accessibility, inclusion, and widening the audience that gets to play. We like to consider ourselves the defenders of easy games. Join in on the discussion via our Discord.