Sole Survivor Game’s debut title launches alongside an Early Access roadmap that outlines new features, upgrades, and improvements coming to the cult management sim in the months ahead.
Tuesday, 14th September 2021 – Team17 and Sole Survivor Games have today launched 1970s-based cult management sim, Honey, I Joined a Cult into Steam Early Access. As architect of a new and groovy cult, players design everything from the ground up, from the deity they worship to the location of the energy spa; no detail is too small for the cult leader to decide. Running a lucrative cult is no easy feat though: the leader’s ego, local law enforcement, government agencies, and angry protestors all threaten the all-important bottom line if not managed correctly.
Enlightenment awaits at the press of a button:
Honey, I Joined A Cult key features:
- Take full control of a funky cult: Recruit cultists to maintain the organisation’s smooth operation; keep them entertained and happy in order to grow its money and influence.
- Build ‘freaky deaky’ bases: Build the cult from the ground up and design the layout from ‘hypno-chambers’ and bathrooms to monoliths and bedrooms.
- Branch out into the community: Send minions out to spread the good word, or just get them to steal fancy items for your cult HQ.
- Stick it to ‘The Man’: Overcome threats from law enforcement, oppressive government bodies, and misinformed protesters.
- Get down with deities: Choose where your cult’s heading – fiery apocalypse or the second coming of the Squid Lord?
Would be cult leaders can wishlist Honey, I Joined a Cult on Steam right now ahead of the game’s launch at 5pm BST (9am PDT, 12pm EDT, 6pm CEST) this evening, and can keep up to date with all the information on the game by liking us on Facebook, following Sole Survivor Games on Twitter and joining the Team17 Discord channel.
About Sole Survivor Games
Sole Survivor Games is a UK based studio currently working on its debut title, Honey, I Joined a Cult. Visit www.solesurvivorgames.com for more info.
About Team17 Group plc Founded in 1990, Team17 Group plc is a leading developer, video games label, and creative partner for developers around the world. Floated on AIM in 2018, Team17, with its extensive portfolio of over 100 titles, embodies the spirit of independent games. In addition to the award-winning Overcooked!, Yoku’s Island Express, and the iconic Worms, which celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2020, Team17 has helped bring critically acclaimed titles including Hell Let Loose, Moving Out, Golf With Your Friends, Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair, Blasphemous, and The Escapists to gamers everywhere.