World War Z: Aftermath Gets All-New Trailer Ahead of September 21 Launch on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, the Epic Games Store & Steam
Pre-order the next evolution of the hit co-op zombie shooter today for two days of early access to new story episodes, game modes, and 4K|60 FPS action on next-gen systems
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — Aug. 25, 2021 — Saber Interactive has revealed an all-new trailer for World War Z: Aftermath, the next evolution of the ultimate co-op zombie shooter inspired by Paramount Pictures’ blockbuster film launching on Sept. 21, 2021, for PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PC via the Epic Games Store and Steam, with backwards compatibility on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X at 4K|60 FPS.
World War Z: Aftermath is available to pre-order today (PlayStation pre-orders begin August 26) for $39.99, but players who own the original World War Z can upgrade to Aftermath for $19.99 on their respective platforms. World War Z: Aftermath: Deluxe Edition, featuring two bonus melee weapons — the Sledgehammer and Dual Cleavers — as well as the ornate Explorer Weapon Skins Pack, is available to pre-order for $49.99.
All pre-orders include two days’ early access to the full game starting September 19.
Powered by the next generation of Saber’s dynamic Swarm Engine™, World War Z: Aftermath lets you play with up to three friends or on your own with AI teammates against hordes of ravenous zombies in two totally new story episodes set in the city of Rome (including Vatican City) and Russia’s snowbound Kamchatka peninsula.
- New Battles from a World at War: Fend for your life and make a stand against the swarm in two thrilling new story episodes — take back Vatican City in an epic confrontation in Rome, and join forces with survivors in Russia’s snowbound Kamchatka region.
- New Ways to Fight: Decimate the undead with a brutal new melee system featuring two-handed and dual-wield weapons like the sickle, cleaver, fire axe and sledgehammer, and experience the heart-pounding immersion of Aftermath’s optional first-person mode.
- Deep Hero Progression: Level up eight unique classes, each with their own perks, including the new Vanguard class, armed with an electrified shield that can plow through the horde with devastating efficiency. Customize your weapons and conquer new daily missions with special modifiers for bonus rewards.
- The Complete World War Z Experience: Aftermath includes all content from World War Z: Game of the Year Edition, including full episodes in New York, Moscow, Marseille, Jerusalem and Tokyo.
- Play With Friends Anywhere: Aftermath supports up to four-player co-op with full cross-play between consoles and PC, including the Epic Games Store and Steam.
- The Next Generation of Zombie Action: Play in glorious 4K|60 FPS on next-gen systems. Endure hundreds more zombies on screen than ever before possible in the new Horde Mode XL, coming exclusively to PC, PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S in a free post-launch update.
The true next-generation edition of World War Z: Aftermath will officially launch on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S in 2022 with a free upgrade and additional enhancements, including the new Horde Mode XL.
About Saber Interactive
An Embracer Group company headquartered in the U.S., Saber Interactive is a worldwide publisher and developer operating across 16 studios in the Americas and Europe, including Saber development offices in Russia, Spain, Belarus, Sweden and Portugal. Creating games for all major platforms based on both original and licensed IPs, Saber’s titles include World War Z with over 15 million players worldwide (built on the proprietary Swarm Engine™), SnowRunner, the NBA Playgrounds franchise, and the upcoming Evil Dead: The Game. Founded in 2001, Saber is known for two decades of development partnerships with AAA publishers, producing The Witcher III for Nintendo Switch and next-gen consoles, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Crysis Remastered, Quake Champions and many others.
About Paramount Pictures Corporation
Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment, is a unit of ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. Paramount controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Television Studios, and Paramount Players. PPC operations also include Paramount Home Entertainment, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group.
TM & © 2021 Paramount Pictures. All Rights Reserved.