Little Nightmares II Enhanced Edition Awakens onto PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and PC with Refined Visuals and Improvements
Today, BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. has released Little Nightmares II Enhanced Edition, featuring visual upgrades and improvements for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PCs via STEAM® and GOG. The Enhanced Edition is available now as a free upgrade on console for players who own the PlayStation 4, Xbox One versions and as a free update patch for the PC version of the game.
Developed by Supermassive Games, the new-generation version of the game will offer several enhancements compared to the original title. Two modes will be available, a Performance mode will put the game in 2160p and 60 fps, and a Beauty Mode will see the game’s resolution improved to 4K with a dynamic resolution and 30 fps. Here are the full details of what the Enhanced Edition includes:
- Beauty Mode* – Little Nightmares II runs at 30fps at 4K resolution with optimized Ray-Tracing.
- Performance Mode* – Locks the game at 60fps. Dynamic resolution up to 4K to maintain 60fps with Ray-Tracing.
- Ray-Traced Reflections – Allows any shiny surface to provide a reflection. Its clarity and definition depend on the surface.
- Volumetric Shadows – Increased resolution of volumetric shadows. Light rays are disturbed by objects and characters moving in front of a strong light source.
- Interactive Particles – Particles are more abundant and dynamically affected by Mono, Six and the main antagonists. Particles swim and eddy behind them, creating a more realistic and immersive environment.
- Immersive Audio – New immersive 3D soundscape mix, creating a more involving experience when listening via 5.1 /7.1 audio systems or headphones.
The PC version will also benefit from these enhancements, which will be customizable for players.
Produced in partnership with Tarsier Studios, Little Nightmares II follows the story of Mono, a young boy trapped in a world distorted by the humming transmission of a distant Signal Tower. Together with Six, the girl in a yellow raincoat, he sets out to discover the grim secrets of the world whilst fleeing from the monstrous residents out to capture him. Little Nightmares II is also available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and Google Stadia.
This announcement is the first from BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. at gamescom, with more BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. news to come during Opening Night Live, which starts at 11:00 am PT, expect some news and announcements on several BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment titles. Interviews and coverage about gamescom games will be happening every day during gamescom studio.
For more information regarding Little Nightmares II Enhanced Edition or other products from BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., please visit: https://www.bandainamcoent.com, or follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/BandaiNamcoUS, or join the conversation on Twitter at: https://www.twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS.
* Modes only available on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series versions. On PC, all graphical settings can be changed individually in the Settings > Advanced menu.