PC players can paint the town red starting today, PlayStation 4 & Xbox One players can join the jamboree on September 1
Seattle, Wash – (August 26, 2021) – Publisher Kalypso Media and developer Realmforge Studios have today thrown open the doors for Tropico 6’s preeminent presidential party – the brand-new Festival DLC. Starting today, PC players (Windows, Linux, and Mac) are invited to host the biggest bonanza the archipelago has ever seen, presiding over its planning and working closely with El Presidente to fight for their right to party. For PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players, Tropico 6 – Festival will be available on September 1.
Tropico 6 – Festival challenges players to channel their creativity by planning and managing a series of celebrations, while combating ‘The Boredom’ – an evil, fun-fighting force that threatens to thwart all festivities on the sun-soaked isles of Tropico.
Empowering players to serve up the best soirees possible, Tropico 6 – Festival also adds a unique party planning mechanic to Tropico 6, allowing players to host 20+ types of festivals. Four distinctive, themed areas will be included for players to throw spectacular shindigs, as well as new buildings such as the Dance School, Balloon and Fireworks factory to get the party started. Players will also be able to enjoy a host of new musical additions, alongside a snazzy party outfit for El Prez and a paint job for the presidential palace.
- Party it up with the new ‘Festival’ mechanic: host 20+ types of festivals each based off different eras and ensure your soirees are the talk of the town for years to come
- New scenario-driven campaign: take on The Boredom – an ancient evil threatening to engulf Tropico in clouds of mundanity and mind-numbing activities
- 8 new buildings: make use of 4 new festival areas and ensure your parties are well equipped with new buildings like the Balloon Factory and Fireworks Factory
- Add a spring to your citizens’ step with the Dance School and keep your island visitor numbers healthy by adding a Ticket Shop for specific festivals
- 4 new tunes: keep the party going with an assortment of new tracks, each tailored to a different festival
- 3 new edicts: experiment with exciting new features like Funhouser Special, Customer Service and Laundry Festivals
- 2 new customization options: pick your perfect party outfit and set your palace to match
About the Kalypso Media Group
Kalypso Media Group GmbH is a fully independent publisher, developer and marketer of interactive entertainment software with 150 employees in 10 locations throughout Germany, England, France, Japan, and the United States, including Kasedo Games, Kalypso Media’s digital-first label, and three development studios – Realmforge Studios (Dungeons series), Gaming Minds Studios (Railway Empire, Port Royale) and Claymore Game Studios (upcoming Commandos game). Kasedo Games also now holds a majority stake in France-based developer Bulwark Studios, increasing the Kalypso Media Group’s total development studios to 4.
Specializing in developing strategy games for a global audience on all modern platforms, Kalypso Media’s IP portfolio includes the full rights to the Tropico series, Commandos, Port Royale, Dungeons, Sudden Strike, Railway Empire, and others. Kalypso Media’s recent releases are Commandos 2 – HD Remaster and Praetorians – HD Remaster, Railway Empire – Nintendo Switch™ Edition, Dungeons 3 – Complete Collection, Railway Empire – Complete Collection, Port Royale 4, Tropico 6 – Nintendo Switch™ Edition, Commandos 2 – HD Remaster for Nintendo Switch™ and Spacebase Startopia. Upcoming releases include Spacebase Startopia for Nintendo Switch™ (9/24/21) and Disciples: Liberation (10/21/21). Kasedo Games’ recent releases include Filament, console and tablet versions of Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus, Distant Kingdoms (available in Steam Early Access) as well as City of Gangsters.