As architect of a cult, plan everything from the deity to worship and official cult apparel, to the location of the toilets and recruitment of new believers in Sole Survivor Games’ groovy 1970’s-based management sim launching next month.
Wednesday, 11th August 2021– Team17 and Sole Survivor Games have today announced that 1970’s-based cult management simulator, Honey, I Joined a Cult will launch into Steam Early Access on 14th September. Taking up the mantle of architect, players will design every aspect of the cult from building its headquarters, caring for believers and members, and planning the propaganda to make the organisation as successful and venerated as possible. Curating a lucrative cult is not all plain sailing: law enforcement, angry protesters and your leader’s inflated ego will need to be kept in check if your plans are to be realised.
cult leader entrepreneur and spokesperson, Burt Biscuit has this to share:
Honey, I Joined A Cult key features:
- Take full control of a funky cult: Recruit cultists to maintain the organisation’s smooth operation; keep them entertained and happy to grow its money and influence
- Build freaky deaky bases: Build the cult from the ground up and design the layout from ‘hypno-chambers’ and bathrooms to monoliths and bedrooms
- Branch out into the community: Send minions out to spread the good word, or to steal fancy items for your cult HQ
- Stick it to ‘The Man’: Overcome threats from law enforcement, oppressive government bodies, and misinformed protesters
- Get down with deities: Choose where your cult’s heading – fiery apocalypse or the second coming of the Squid Lord?
Would be cult leaders can wishlist Honey, I Joined a Cult on Steam right now, and can keep up to date with all the information on the game by liking us on Facebook, following Sole Survivor Games on Twitter and joining the Team17 Discord channel.
About Sole Survivor Games
Sole Survivor Games is a UK based studio currently working on its debut title, Honey, I Joined a Cult. Visit www.solesurvivorgames.com for more info.
About Team17 Group plc
Founded in 1990, Team17 Group plc is a leading developer, video games label, and creative partner for developers around the world. Floated on AIM in 2018, Team17, with its extensive portfolio of over 100 titles, embodies the spirit of independent games. In addition to the award-winning Overcooked!, Yoku’s Island Express, and the iconic Worms, which celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2020, Team17 has helped bring critically acclaimed titles including Hell Let Loose, Moving Out, Golf With Your Friends, Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair, Blasphemous, and The Escapists to gamers everywhere.