Microids also unveils the content of the Smurftastic and the Collector Editions.
Paris, July 13 2021 – Publisher Microids and IMPS, the Smurfs world license holder are thrilled to unveil a new teaser for the upcoming game The Smurfs – Mission Vileaf! Check out new details about the 3D action-adventure game in the enchanting Smurfs universe planned for an October 26th 2021 release. The game will launch simultaneously on PC, PlayStation®4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. Additionally, this title will be available on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X | S in 2022.
Once again, our beloved Smurf friends have to find a way to elude Gargamel’s evil plans! In his dark laboratory, the evil wizard Gargamel has discovered a formula allowing him to create a wicked plant, called Vileaf. This plant produces “Viletrap” seeds, which can attract Smurfs and imprison them in vegetal traps! But these Viletrap plants are also a great danger for the forest, as they are highly toxic, especially for the sarsaparilla fields!
For this very important mission, players will take control of an ace Smurf team featuring Hefty, Smurfette, Brainy and Chef! Our heroes can rely upon a very handy tool, the Smurfizer, a revolutionary invention from Handy Smurf. The Smurfizer allows the Smurfs to get rid of the foes they encounter, heal the plants afflicted by the Vileaf, as well as jump higher, glide through the air or dive.
- Embark on a brand new journey with a unique and easy to pick up gameplay. The Smurfs – Mission Vileaf will appeal to all gamer profiles, fans of the cute characters, or 3D platformer aficionados, would they be beginners or experienced players.
- A one-of-a-kind roster! Take control of 4 emblematic Smurfs: Smurfette, Hefty, Brainy and Chef.
- The Smurfizer, a very smurful tool! Your do-it-all Smurfizer will not only allow you to heal the corrupted plants but also facilitate your progression through the game thanks to its multiple functions! Jump higher, glide, dive and overcome all the obstacles you’ll encounter!
- A platform Adventure game with a capital A! Explore each corner of the 5 worlds and find your way through the levels to collect all the ingredients to prepare the antidote the forest desperately needs!
- Bring the Smurfs’ village back to life! Find useful items along the way to upgrade your Smurfizer and work towards bringing the Smurf village back to its former glory!
Add some blue in your life and smurf in love with these two editions: The Smurftastic and the Collector Editions!
The Smurftastic Edition contains:
- The game on PlayStation®4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch
- 3 lithographs (10x15cm)
- A Papa Smurf keychain (5cm)
- Sticker sheets (11×8,5cm)
The Collector Edition contains all items available in the Smurftastic Edition plus two items:
- A resin Hefty Smurf figurine (14.5cm)
- The game soundtrack (digitally claimable with a code)
Microids is a French video game publisher. Founded in 1985, Microids’ editorial strategy now focuses on 4 major areas: adventure games, racing games, retro gaming and games inspired by iconic titles. By collaborating with renowned studios and authors (Pendulo Studios, Eden Studios, Benoît Sokal, Paul Cuisset, Philippe Dessoly and Pierre Adane), Microids has become a major player in international video games. Taking inspiration from legendary titles, including Asterix & Obelix, and Titeuf, Garfield, Fort Boyard, XIII and Blacksad, Microids reaches a wide audience and creates original adventures which give gamers the chance to play as some of their most beloved characters.
About Peyo, IMPS (International Merchandising Promotions & Services)
IMPS is the world license holder for The Smurfs. Ever since its establishment in 1984, IMPS has worked closely with its teams worldwide to develop with success many merchandising programs, retail operations, publishing activities, broadcasting offers, theme parks, shows, video games, online games, official Smurfs license soundtrack… All of which played a part in the global success of the franchise. IMPS is managed by Véronique Culliford, Pierre Culliford’s daughter, the Smurfs’s creator, better known by his pseudonym Peyo.