Phoenix Point: Behemoth Edition Brings Snapshot’s Hit Strategy Game to PlayStation®4 & Xbox One on October 1
The turn-based tactics game from the creator of X-COM debuts on consoles with four major DLCs, including the upcoming DLC 4, launching same-day on PC
SOFIA, Bulgaria — July 13, 2021 — Snapshot Games, in partnership with Prime Matter, has revealed Phoenix Point: Behemoth Edition, the highly anticipated console version of the acclaimed strategy game designed by Julian Gollop, creator of the X-COM series. Phoenix Point: Behemoth Edition will release on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One on Oct. 1, 2021. It features the full base game, four major DLC expansions — including the upcoming DLC 4: “Corrupted Horizons,” which launches same-day on PC — plus a DLC weapons pack and free next-gen upgrade to PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S after launch.
Behemoth Edition Reveal Trailer:
Corrupted Horizons Teaser:
Phoenix Point delivers a new breed of turn-based strategy and action. Earth has been overrun. A mutating alien menace threatens the last remnants of mankind. Only the Phoenix Project, a secret organization of the greatest minds and bravest soldiers left, can fight back and save the world.
It’s up to you to lead Earth’s resistance: explore a ravaged planet, build your bases, research and develop new techniques and technologies, manage resources on a global scale, and fight in full-scale, turn-based tactical battles to survive. But you won’t be alone. Work together with different factions to unite mankind and take back the planet via Phoenix Point‘s diplomacy system, or crush all your rivals with military might. No matter what you choose, you’re in for a brutal challenge with endless replayability.
Phoenix Point: Behemoth Edition Key Features:
- The Complete Phoenix Point Experience to Date: Includes the full game plus four major DLCs (“Blood and Titanium,” “Legacy of the Ancients,” “Festering Skies” and the upcoming “Corrupted Horizons”) featuring additional story missions, maps, and other gameplay bonuses, DLC weapons pack, and a slew of updates, upgrades, and community-driven quality-of-life improvements.
- Optimized for Consoles: Revamped UI and gamepad controls designed specifically for consoles.
- Intense Turn-based Squad Battles: Deploy your squad of four or more soldiers and drones in tactical, turn-based battles. Take direct control of your soldiers’ shots in combat with a unique free-aiming system — target enemy weak spots, weapons, and more for mass impact.
- Defend Earth from a Mutating Alien Menace: Face down an alien threat that adapts to your tactics to constantly challenge you. Face intense boss fights against huge monsters with unique abilities that require precise planning and execution.
- The Geoscape Reborn: Take command of a strategic view of world situations and conflicts to plan operations and manage resources on a global scale.
- Deep and Extensive Soldier Development: Customize your soldiers with unique skills and a vast array of weapons and equipment.
- Uncover the Secrets of the Threat: Experience a complex narrative with multiple possible endings, and learn about the origins of the crisis through exploration, diplomacy, and research.
- Manage Diplomatic Relations: Decide how to deal with different factions trying to reclaim Earth. Earn unique rewards for cooperation (and face the consequences for opposition).
- Free Next-Generation Upgrade: Experience the game at 4K|60 FPS on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X with a free upgrade for PlayStation®4 and Xbox One owners after launch.
Phoenix Point: Year One Edition is available now on PC via Steam, the Epic Games Store, the Microsoft Store, GOG.com and Google Stadia. For more details, visit https://phoenixpoint.info, and follow the game on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Discord and the official forums.
About Snapshot Games
Snapshot Games is a video game development studio founded in 2013 by Julian Gollop and David Kaye and headquartered in Sofia, Bulgaria. Gollop is recognized for creating the X-COM video game franchise in the 1990s with UFO: Enemy Unknown and X-COM: Apocalypse. Gollop is also the CEO of Snapshot Games. The company’s developers include industry veterans with years of prior experience working for studios like Ubisoft Sofia, Crytek Black Sea and more.
About Prime Matter
Headquartered in Munich, Germany, Prime Matter is a premium gaming label dedicated to delivering a range of diverse and immersive games from amazing gaming development talent all around the globe. The company covers projects of all styles, scopes and sizes, from producing to publishing, perfect for ambitious teams taking their first steps that need full support without compromising their dreams, as well as more established studios looking to build their brand further in the global market.
Prime Matter looks to lead through creativity, expression and passion with games that will grip and enchant with enthralling storytelling, winning audiences with incredible moments and larger-than-life experiences. Prime Matter is a proud member of the Koch Media Group.