New Battles Await in World War Z: Aftermath’s Gameplay Overview Trailer
Get your closest look yet at the next evolution of the hit co-op zombie shooter, coming this fall with new story episodes, melee combat, modes and 4K|60 FPS action
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — July 29, 2021 — Saber Interactive has released a new Gameplay Overview Trailer for World War Z: Aftermath, breaking down all the content coming to this next evolution of the ultimate co-op zombie shooter inspired by Paramount Pictures’ blockbuster film. Experience new story episodes, melee combat, first-person mode, a new class with electrified weaponry, full cross-play on consoles and PC, and more.
Powered by the next generation of Saber’s dynamic Swarm Engine™, World War Z: Aftermath lets you play with up to three friends or on your own with AI teammates against hordes of ravenous zombies in two huge and totally new story episodes set in the city of Rome and Russia’s Kamchatka peninsula.
- New Battles from a World at War: Fend for your life and make a stand against the swarm in two thrilling new story episodes — take back Vatican City in an epic confrontation in Rome, and join forces with survivors in Russia’s snowbound Kamchatka region.
- New Ways to Fight: Decimate the undead with a brutal new melee system featuring two-handed and dual-wield weapons like the sickle, cleaver, fire axe and sledgehammer, and experience the heart-pounding immersion of Aftermath’s optional first-person mode.
- Deep Hero Progression: Level up eight unique classes, each with their own perks, including the new Vanguard class, armed with an electrified shield that can plow through the horde with devastating efficiency. Customize your weapons and conquer new daily missions with special modifiers for bonus rewards.
- The Next Generation of Zombie Action: Play in glorious 4K|60 FPS on next-gen systems. Endure hundreds more zombies on screen than ever before possible in the new Horde Mode XL, coming exclusively to PC, PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S in a free post-launch update.
- The Complete World War Z Experience: Aftermath includes all content from World War Z: Game of the Year Edition, including full episodes in New York, Moscow, Marseille, Jerusalem and Tokyo – altogether 23 total PVE maps across 7 massive episodes, an amazing wealth of content.
- Play With Friends Anywhere: Aftermath supports up to four-player co-op with full cross-play between consoles and PC, including Steam and the Epic Games Store. Or play solo with AI teammates so that you don’t have to rely on friends or strangers to continue the story.
World War Z: Aftermath will launch this fall on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PC via Epic Games Store and Steam, with backwards compatibility on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S at 4K|60 FPS. In 2022, World War Z: Aftermath will officially launch on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S with a free next-generation upgrade and additional enhancements, including the new Horde Mode XL.
About Saber Interactive
An Embracer Group company headquartered in the U.S., Saber Interactive is a worldwide publisher and developer operating across 13 studios in the Americas and Europe. Saber’s studios include 4A Games, Aspyr Media, New World Interactive, Mad Head Games, Nimble Giant Entertainment, Zen Studios, Snapshot Games, and 34BigThings, as well as Saber development offices in Russia, Spain, Belarus, Sweden and Portugal.
Creating games for all major platforms based on both original and licensed IPs, Saber’s titles include World War Z with over 15 million players worldwide (built on the proprietary Swarm Engine™), SnowRunner, the NBA Playgrounds franchise, and the upcoming Evil Dead: The Game. Founded in 2001, Saber is known for two decades of development partnerships with AAA publishers, producing The Witcher III for Nintendo Switch and next-gen consoles, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Crysis Remastered, Quake Champions and many others.
About Paramount Pictures Corporation
Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment, is a unit of ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. Paramount controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Television Studios, and Paramount Players. PPC operations also include Paramount Home Entertainment, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group.
TM & © 2021 Paramount Pictures. All Rights Reserved.