Pre-Season 5 of Systemic Reaction’s Co-op Dino Shooter Second Extinction
Lands Today on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One & PC
STOCKHOLM — July 1, 2021 — Systemic Reaction has kicked off Pre-Season 5 of Second Extinction, the action-packed co-op shooter in which you and your friends battle mutated dinosaurs across a devastated world. Available for free today, Pre-Season 5: “Longest Days” adds a new Emergence Event enemy, new weapon and equipment, and more on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and the Microsoft Store for PC via Xbox Game Preview (playable with Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Game Pass for PC), as well as on Steam Early Access.
Pre-Season 5 Features:
- New Enemy — Dasher Raptor: Fast and airborne, these new dinos ambush in groups for a deadly assault from all angles (Emergence Events only).
- New Weapon — Artillery Cannon: A precision-skill weapon for Enforcers, dealing high damage if you hit directly and smaller splash damage if your shots land too far away.
- New Equipment — Sticky Firecracker: Capable of staggering foes in an emergency.
- Level cap raised from 25 to 50.
- New cosmetic rewards.
- New technical improvements, including support for gamepad remapping.
- A wide variety of game balancing and fixes.
Second Extinction pits teams of up to three players against swarms of bloodthirsty dinos in fast-paced battles across Earth’s post-apocalyptic wastelands. Equip a range of uniquely powerful weapons and abilities and fight on your own or with friends against monstrous dinosaurs long thought extinct — now mutated and deadlier than ever! The War Effort is Second Extinction’s community-driven global metagame: by completing missions and activities, you’ll directly impact the threat level and challenges players around the world face.
WE ARE SYSTEMIC REACTION
Small but fierce, we started as a group of veterans from within Avalanche Studios Group. Based in Stockholm and Malmö, we focus on crafting new and empowering games with unique settings. Drawing from our experiences within the industry, we want to create games that appeal both to us, and to you — our players. We want to play in a sandbox that lets your creativity thrive.
Our focus is freedom, exploration, and a drive to create games like the ones that kept us up at night as kids. We’ve got Generation Zero launched and Second Extinction on Xbox Game Preview and Steam Early Access — with even more to come. Join us in the sandbox!