Console edition gamers can also look forward to a free patch with improvements to graphics and sound
STOCKHOLM – June 17, 2021 – Paradox Interactive, the game company adept at playing politics, today launched the fourth expansion pack for Stellaris: Console Edition! Today also marks the console release of Federations, an expansion focused on the galactic community and its internal politics, for Stellaris: Console Edition. Fans can grab Federations today on both PlayStation and Xbox consoles for $19.99/ €19,99.*
Players can also choose to purchase Federations along with two upcoming expansions, the Ancient Relics Story and the Necroids Species packs, as part of the fourth expansion pass for $24.99 / €24.99.*
Federations offers players expanded diplomatic capabilities, as well as establishing a powerful galactic senate. Aspiring legislators now have the chance to showcase their political prowess on an astronomical level. In all, Federations features:
- Expanded Federations: With expanded diplomacy capabilities, players can build up the internal cohesion of their Federations and unlock powerful rewards for all members. Whether you join a Trade League, Martial Alliance, or Hegemony, membership can be extremely advantageous.
- Political Party: Unite the space empires with a galactic senate that can vote on a wide range of resolutions to drive legislative agendas. For example, players can pass a resolution to increase commitments to collective defense or funnel profit towards wealthy elites.
- Origins: Each empire has a story that shapes its path. Give your civilization deeper roots with the new Origins system. When choosing an Origin, players flesh out their empire’s background and alter its starting conditions.
- New Constructions: Construct glorious new projects for your empire like the Juggernaut, a massive mobile starbase that provides a moveable repair base even in enemy territory, or the Mega Shipyard, a new megastructure that can churn out fleets with incredible speed.
Get sworn into office and watch the new Federations trailer below!
Additionally, console fans will receive the free 2.8 update – a sound and graphical overhaul that will enhance the Stellaris experience across all consoles. 2.8 remasters over 70 audio effects, adds new VFX and graphics improvements, and UI improvements. Additionally, the update continues to optimize performance on next-generation consoles, with improvements in both simulations and loading time for PS5 gamers.
Expansion Pass Four will also include the following expansions, coming later in 2021:
- Ancient Relics Story Pack: Uncover the ruins of long-dead civilizations in Relic Worlds to piece together the story of their rise and eventual downfall. Excavate their derelict cities and ships to unearth the truth, discover powerful relics and harness them for your own empire’s ambitions.
- Necroids Species Pack: Necroids are an intelligent species who believe that death is not the end, but rather the beginning of their journey. A brand new selection of portraits, civics, ship sets and other cosmetics for players who don’t fear the afterlife or the dark side of the galaxy.
For more information about Stellaris: Console Edition, visit https://www.stellaris.com/en/console
* This represents suggested pricing. Pricing is set by the retailer and incremental differences may occur based on region.
Paradox Interactive is a leading global publisher of strategy games for PC and console. The company has developed and published a world-renowned catalog stretching back to 1999, with players hailing from all around the world.
The publisher’s steadily-growing portfolio includes firmly established franchises such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron, and Stellaris series created by Paradox Development Studio, the Age of Wonders series created by Triumph Studios, as well as award-winning titles such as Cities: Skylines, Pillars of Eternity, and more from a network of partner studios. Paradox is the owner of the World of Darkness IPs and is publishing Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2. Today, over four million people play a Paradox game each month, and the number of registered Paradox users is over twelve million.
Paradox’s head offices are located in Stockholm, Sweden. Our development studios are located in Stockholm, Malmö and Umeå, Sweden, in Delft, The Netherlands, in Seattle, Washington, and in Berkeley, California. We share a passion for gaming and gamers, and our goal is to provide deep and challenging games with hours of gameplay and endless variety to our ever-growing community.