Rick Sanchez, from Rick and Morty, intergalactic traveller, is joining Fortnite in Chapter 2 Season 7: Invasion, available now! Superman will also arrive later in the Season for players to unlock.
After repeated sightings, including in Queensland, the truth can no longer be contained: an alien invasion has arrived.
So, hold onto your Ray Guns and prepare to embrace the chaos, because new storylines and advanced weaponry are heading to the Fortnite Island.
With an explosive opening attack, a mysterious alien army is invading the Island. Under the command of Doctor Slone, the Imagined Order (IO) has taken it upon themselves to fight back. Players will battle amidst the chaos, meeting characters who embrace the invasion, oppose it or just want to keep fishing.
Watch a preview of the invasion on YouTube
In addition to new unlockable Pickaxes, Back Blings, Sprays, Emotes and more, this Season’s Battle Pass features characters who will be prepared to fight off the invasion or welcome it; the choice is up to you.
- Rick Sanchez: Intergalactic traveler and the Rickest Rick.
- Superman: Few better to help save the day. Arriving later in the Season for players to unlock.
- Kymera: The customisable extraterrestrial. Make him your own throughout the Season! (Unlocked immediately upon obtaining the Battle Pass.)
- Sunny: The rockstar who wants off this rock.
- Guggimon: Fashion horror artist. Kind of into the chaos.
- NYC-based synthetic celebrity Guggimon is represented by designer toy and entertainment brand Superplastic. Guggimon and his partner Janky are among the top animated celebrities to go viral on social media, with millions of obsessed fans worldwide. He posts regularly on Instagram and TikTok.
- Joey: Double agent. Unlock their built-in Emote to switch between Human and Alien.
- Zyg: Ferocious battle droid made by the mind-controlling Alien Choppy. Put on Choppy as a Back Bling!
- Doctor Slone: The one and only.
Create your own alien: In this Season’s Battle Pass, players immediately unlock the customisable Kymera Outfit — an Alien specimen for you to sculpt. Throughout the Season, collect Alien Artifacts to claim additional styles for Kymera. Mix & match different head shapes, eye colors, skin patterns, and more to create your own look.
Battle Stars return to the Battle Pass: Players can collect Battle Stars as they level up, then use those Stars to claim rewards like Rick Sanchez and Guggimon in the order they want. As you progress, you’ll unlock additional pages of rewards to claim.
Flying Saucers: Shoot down Saucers or hijack them to take control. Fly around with your squad as you fire at your foes, pick up anything that isn’t bolted down, or toss around fleeing vehicles.
Innovations of the IO: The Imagined Order has deployed sophisticated weaponry to combat the Alien invaders. Survey what’s around you with the Recon Scanner, shoot through structures with the Rail Gun, and fight your way forward with the flexible Pulse Rifle. The Aliens have devised unique tech, too, like the Kymera Ray Gun and more to come as the Season progresses.
Remodel on Demand (crafting is updated from Season 6: Primal!): The roving Saucers have made it rain Nuts and Bolts — discovered to be a viable crafting ingredient! With Nuts and Bolts, craft to construct once vaulted weapons. Turn an Assault Rifle into a Burst Assault Rifle, a Submachine Gun into Rapid Fire SMG, or a Shotgun into Lever Action Shotgun.