Today, at the What’s Next for Windows event, Microsoft announced the next generation of Windows – Windows 11. Here are a few of the top features:
- Microsoft has modernized the design and user experience in Windows 11, from the new Start button and taskbar to each sound, font and icon. New Snap Layouts, Snap Groups, and Desktops in Windows 11 allow for easier multitasking and organization of your Windows.
- New Teams integration directly into the Taskbar can instantly connect you through text, chat, voice or video with anyone, anywhere across Windows, Android and iOS.
- Windows 11 delivers the best PC gaming experiences yet, offering Auto HDR, Direct Storage, and access to the Xbox app to play great games with Xbox Game Pass.
- With Widgets, a new personalized feed powered by AI, opens a curated view directly from your desktop. For creators and publishers, Widgets also opens new real estate within Windows to deliver personalized content.
- The new Microsoft Store is your single trusted location for apps and content, creating a more open ecosystem for developers and creators, as well as a faster, more secure experience for IT professionals.
Windows 11 will be available on new PCs and through a free upgrade for eligible Windows 10 PCs beginning this holiday season. Check out the press microsite and Xbox Wire for more information and materials about today’s news.