June 2nd, 2021 — The Alekon Company is excited to announce its upcoming photography-focused creature collector game Alekon will launch on Steam later this month, at a price of $15.99.
Photograph dozens of whimsical creatures, solving puzzles to get them to strike collectable poses! Befriend them in unique quests and mini-games, like tuning crystal harps, organizing parties, and telling ghost stories. Indulge your artistic side with creative toys like editing photos, designing constellations, and crafting snowflakes.
- 50+ characters, each with unique personalities, dialogue, quests and collectable poses.
- Photography gameplay, with photo scores unlocking new levels to progress the game.
- Full free roaming movement, in addition to the classic on-rails experience.
- Unique quests and minigames, many involving photography, music, art, and dialogue.
- Puzzles, solved with tools like donut treats, movable magnets and throwable fireflies.
- An original soundtrack, inspired by Nintendo 64 classics.
- No time wasted. Every quest reward is a unique game mechanic or piece of content.
- Old soul, modern polish. We recreate a nostalgic vision while adhering to modern standards of UX.
- Creative and non-violent. Photography, art, and music instead of fighting.
About The Alekon Company
Three former Riot Games and Respawn Entertainment devs teamed up to create a unique game in the photography space. In 2016, Kevin Notar started Alekon in his spare time, as a small prototype in Unreal Engine 4. Daniel Kraft joined soon after, helping to create whimsical creatures for players to photograph. The team was complete in 2019, when Max Shawabkeh stepped in to shore up the interactive side of the game.