Deploy the best army to overwhelm your enemy and win the ultimate tug-of-war!
Hamburg – 27th April, 2021 – Publisher Daedalic Entertainment and Developer Skirmish Mode Games are pleased to announce Warpips, their strategic, single-player game of pixelated warfare, will launch into Steam Early Access for Windows PCs on 29th April. Over 3 years in development, Warpips lets you build your own army from a diverse roster of powerful vehicles and infantry all while eliminating pesky micromanagement. Set lose the engine of war upon your enemies and watch the chaos of dynamic physics-based combat explode onto the battlefield! Skirmish Mode Games are ecstatic to let their community provide valuable feedback as they move towards a full 1.0 release.
Check out the new trailer for Warpips here
Warpip’s Early Access period will showcase the following features:
- Three Campaign Maps with Over 50 Levels
- Up to 10 hours of Gameplay
- Each map will have a different layout, tactical considerations, and difficulty
- Skirmish Game Mode
- 3 levels of difficulty
- Randomized one off maps
- Varied Units for Player and Enemy
- 24 Player Roster Units
- 15 Enemy Roster Units
- Flag and Army Customization
- Full Controller Support
- Full Localization: English, German, French, Russian, Japanese, Chinese simplified, Chinese traditional
Warpips is the ultimate quick-to-learn but amazingly deep tug-of-war strategy game. Deploy the right composition of soldiers, tanks, helicopters and planes in this tight mechanical strategy-focused combat game. Research the right units, create infinite strategic combinations and call down airstrikes to defeat the enemy. Battles are randomly generated bringing unlimited replayability that is different each time you play!
- Fast streamlined combat. Focus on the big picture; no complex micro managing. Each round lasts between 10-20 minutes. Easy to learn, hard to master.
- Randomized battles. Randomly generated battles. Different each time you play. Lots of replayability.
- Deep strategy. Choose complementary unit synergies. Infinite strategic combinations. Fully unlockable upgrade tree.
- Tight combat. Spawn infantry, vehicles, airplanes and helicopters. Call down air strikes, missile attacks and artillery. Units take cover and respond intelligently to their situation. Everything explodes!
- Honest monetization. Buy the game – you get the game. No microtransactions. No pay to win.
Warpips is developed by Skirmish Mode Games Alter Games and published by Daedalic Entertainment. Warpips releases on Steam Early Access on the 29th April, 2021.
About Daedalic (Publisher)
Daedalic Entertainment publishes and develops high-quality games for all platforms. The company has a diverse line-up of high-quality titles, including classic adventures, RPGs, and strategy and multiplayer games. With over 50 employees, Daedalic is currently developing a new line-up of innovative games across consoles, PC and mobile platforms.
Based in Hamburg, Germany, Daedalic is one of Europe’s most acclaimed publishers and developers. With a total of 32 awards in the German Developers Award (including multiple accolades for ‘Studio of the Year’) and 12 German Computer Game Awards for genre-defining games such as Deponia, Edna & Harvey, Silence, Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, Ken Follett’s The Pillars of the Earth, The Long Journey Home, and State of Mind, Daedalic is a record holder for the two most prestigious game awards in Germany.
Daedalic is currently developing the AAA title The Lord of the Rings – Gollum. The action-adventure that tells the story of Gollum from a perspective never witnessed before in any storytelling media, all the while staying faithful to the legendary books of J.R.R. Tolkien.
About Skirmish Mode Games
Skirmish Mode Games is comprised of a core team of seasoned game developers. Most notably the team have all worked on Subnautica and Subnautica: Below Zero as well as other titles ranging from Halo Wars, Alien Isolation, Wildstar and more. With a solid background in high-fidelity AAA games, the team turns to creating smaller but highly-polished focused experiences with an emphasis on mechanics and gameplay.