Just when the heroes thought things would calm down
STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN, April 20, 2021. Independent developer Fatshark today announced that the Chaos Wastes expansion to the award-winning and multi-million selling Warhammer: Vermintide 2 is available to download for free on Steam.
The next chapter in the Vermintide 2 story has arrived, and it’s available as a free download. In Chaos Wastes, the players will -try- to reach the Citadel of Eternity, but only the pure at heart will be able to complete the journey. In order to survive the journey to the Citadel the heroes will have to leave their fancy and hard-earned armor behind and go back to the basics. The journey begins where it all began over three years ago, and armed only with simple equipment that will require skills to use effectively rather than just hiding behind a maxed out Iron Breaker (yes, talking to you, you know who you are!).
The trek can only be completed by a true pilgrim to navigate through to the unpredictable region without a map and where no journey is the same. The Citadel of Eternity is a place most have only heard of through rumours. It is said to be located in a region under the influence of the Chaos Gods and apparently Saltzpyre knows how to get there – or so he claims.
“We are excited to invite everyone that owns Warhammer: Vermintide 2 to join us in the Chaos Wastes adventure.” says Martin Wahlund, CEO Fatshark. “The Chaos Wastes expansion is available for free for all players regardless of system.”
- Pilgrim’s Coins – Chaos Waste Unique coins that can be traded for godly favor or weapons along the path. A wise traveler hoards them well and spends them wisely.
- Chest of Trials – Those seeking additional challenges while on their Pilgrimage can find them by means of the rare Chests of Trials. Opening a Chest of Trials draws the attention of a monstrous foe. Defeat the foe, and claim the reward.
- Shrines – Uncorrupted shrines can be found in the Chaos Wastes. Heroes can seek the favor of wholesome gods in the form of Miracles & Boons. But, of course, such favors are not earned without sacrifice.
- Waystone Altars – A weapon stash that contains weapons employed by previous pilgrims. Accessible through sacrificing Pilgrim’s Coins. The more Pilgrim’s Coins the Reliquary demands, the more powerful the weaponry to be found within.
- Potions – The road is littered with mysterious potions that offer powerful benefits… perhaps enough to help even the odds on a long and difficult journey.
THE FIFTH PLAYER
Chaos Wastes includes the Twitch Integration – the streamer’s favorite game mode – which lets the audience join in on the adventure and help the players on their journey by voting on what will happen next.
Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden and established in 2007 independent developer Fatshark is comprised of a team of 100+ experienced games developers, who strive to create compelling interactive experiences. Apart from Warhammer 40,000: Darktide, the team has previously developed titles including Warhammer: Vermintide 2, Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide, Lead and Gold, Krater and War of the Roses. For more information, visitwww.fatsharkgames.com
About Games Workshop®
Games Workshop® Group PLC (LSE:GAW.L), based in Nottingham, UK, produces the best fantasy miniatures in the world. Games Workshop designs, manufactures, retails, and distributes its range of Warhammer®: Age of Sigmar® and Warhammer® 40,000® games, miniature soldiers, novels and model kits through more than 529 of its own stores (branded Games Workshop® or Warhammer®), the www.games-workshop.com web store and independent retail channels in more than 50 countries worldwide. More information about Games Workshop and its other, related, brands and product ranges (including our publishing division ‘Black Library’ and our special resin miniatures studio ‘Forge World’) can be found at www.games-workshop.com.
Warhammer: Vermintide 2 © Copyright Games Workshop Limited 2021. Vermintide 2, the Vermintide 2 logo, GW, Games Workshop, Warhammer, The Game of Fantasy Battles, the twin-tailed comet logo, and all associated logos, illustrations, images, names, creatures, races, vehicles, locations, weapons, characters, and the distinctive likeness thereof, are either ® or TM, and/or © Games Workshop Limited, variably registered around the world, and used under licence. © Fatshark AB 2018-2021. All rights reserved to their respective owners.