Cloud Imperium Games Continues Work on Most Ambitious Game Project To-date, Adding New Underground Environments, Reputation Systems, Ship-to-ship Docking, and Two New Vehicles
LOS ANGELES – April 22, 2021 – Cloud Imperium Games (CIG) today announced the launch of the Star Citizen – Alpha 3.13: Underground Infamy update. Available for all active and new Star Citizen players, the update represents CIG’s continued commitment to creating the most ambitious game project to-date, introducing for the first-time a variety of new features, systems, and content, including ship-to-ship docking, a reputation manager tracking player’s alignment with NPC mission givers and factions across the ‘verse, gigantic caves with a variety of new missions, and two brand new vehicles.
“Star Citizen players new and old alike will have much to discover and explore with today’s release of Star Citizen Alpha 3.13: Underground Infamy,” said Cloud Imperium co-founder and Star Citizen Creative Director, Chris Roberts. “Long-time players will be excited to see the first implementation of highly anticipated features such as ship-to-ship docking. In addition, with new cave missions and new vehicles, additional visual enhancements to more Stanton locations, and the first iteration of Reputation Management, we are seeing more of our vision for a living and immersive universe where your actions matter coming to life.”
With so many new additions, there is something for everyone in the Star Citizen – Alpha 3.13: Underground Infamy update.
- BIG Cave Content: Planet environments will see the introduction of big caves. And by “big,” we mean, “really BIG.” In terms of size, and scope, these caves are larger and more complex than anything players have explored previously. In addition, Bounty Hunter, Assassin, and Combat missions can now occur within these dangerous environments. New entrances allow for players to drive into the maw of caves, with sinkholes also offering a new way for players to fly in and explore underground.
- Ship-to-ship Docking: Ship-to-ship interaction sees a huge leap forward. This first iteration of the system allows the docking and undocking of the Merlin fighter from the Constellation Aquila, Phoenix, and Andromeda, with more ships receiving support in coming patches.
- Reputation Manager: Players can expect a new menu on their mobiGlas tracking their reputation with mission givers, organizations, and factions across the ‘verse. By completing missions and tasks players will earn reputation, improving their standing with said faction for a variety of rewards. The reputation manager represents the first such progression system introduced to Star Citizen.
- Greycat ROC-DS: Designed for when the job at hand is a little bigger than expected, this Dual Seat mining vehicle minimizes the headaches with a manually operated mining arm to reach even the most precarious deposits and maximizes profits with more than quadruple the onboard ore-storage of the very popular standard model.
- Cyclone MT: Outfitted with a combination gun and missile turret, the Cyclone MT offers players an all-out assault ground vehicle that carries increased combat options in the field compared to other Cyclone vehicles.
- Cargo Mission Updates: Cargo missions receive two new updates including Quantum sensitive cargo missions, challenging players to manually fly to their destination without relying on their Quantum drive. Multi-drop timed cargo missions come online as players are expected to deliver three packages each with slightly varied timers, requiring more strategic flight navigation for greater rewards.
For full details on the Star Citizen – Alpha 3.13: Underground Infamy update, please head here.
Star Citizen combines classic space sim gameplay with boundary-pushing visuals in a massively multiplayer setting with unprecedented fidelity. Live how you want to live: shift paths from cargo hauler to outlaw, explorer, or any other role, whenever you want. Explore multiple planets and moons, including vast cities and underground caverns, all created with a unique combination of procedural planet technology and complementary hand-crafted design.
For further information, including how to download and play Star Citizen, visit the official website. Enlist today and join this ever-expanding universe by visiting the game’s Welcome Hub and Guide System for tips on how to play. Millions of players from around the world have already joined to help CIG build the most ambitious game ever made. For continued updates, keep up with Star Citizen on Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Twitter, and YouTube.
About Cloud Imperium Games®
Cloud Imperium Games is a new kind of independent studio dedicated to delivering AAA games outside the established publisher system. It was founded in 2012 by renowned visionary game developer Chris Roberts (Wing Commander series, Freelancer, Privateer), Sandi Gardiner, and international media lawyer and producer Ortwin Freyermuth (Carlito’s Way, Shattered, Das Boot – Director’s Cut), with industry veteran and studio director Erin Roberts (Lego videogame series, Starlancer, Privateer) joining the team in 2013. Cloud Imperium Games is creating Star Citizen, a record-shattering, largely crowdfunded space sim, and Squadron 42, a Hollywood-caliber, story-driven single-player game set in the same universe. Cloud Imperium Games operates in “open development” – sharing progress and updates in near real time. This paradigm-shifting development process (game development usually occurs behind closed doors) gives the community an unprecedented look at Star Citizen and Squadron 42’s development and allows direct feedback and interaction between players and developers, thereby ensuring that the games being developed are what players want to play.