Launching on Switch, PS4, Xbox, and Steam Platforms
April 16th, 2021 — Banana Bird Studios and Whitethorn Games announce their upcoming wildlife photography Beasts of Maravilla Island will launch this June on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Steam, and Xbox platforms!
Beasts of Maravilla Island is a 3D adventure game where you take on the role of a young wildlife photographer who traverses Maravilla Island’s magical ecosystems to discover extraordinary creatures, learn their behaviors, and, most importantly, photograph their majesty.
- Take on the role of an aspiring photographer and embark on your journey to fill your grandfather’s photobook with the magic of Maravilla Island.
- Traverse a beautifully unique world freely by running and climbing to discover and engage with the local wildlife.
- Includes over 50 extraordinary creatures and plants to photograph, each with their own appearance and behavior such as the Sparkling Lamp lily, the Maravillan Mango Kakapo and the Prism-Winged Butterfly.
- Complete puzzles that rely on your cooperation with animals, including playing hide and seek with an Otter Crocodile or helping a Bird Monkey find his perfect match.
- Explore three distinctive ecological zones, the Singing Jungle, the Glimmering River, and the Painted Plateau- each containing their own unique flora and fauna to uncover.
- Put your photography skills to action by taking breathtaking shots, however you like! Choose an angle and adjust the height and zoom to get the perfect shot of Maravilla’s many mysteries.
- Curate your photo book to your liking by capturing multiple photos of each animal and choosing the best ones to showcase.
About Banana Bird Studios
The Beasts of Maravilla Island team is composed of recent graduates and current students from The University of Southern California’s Games Program, Cal State Fullerton, and Art Center. The team met through the USC Advanced Games Project program and has since continued development together under Banana Bird Studios, LLC. We are a group of passionate, nature-loving developers who believe that games need more opportunities for unique, non-violent interactions with creatures.
About Whitethorn Games
We’re an indie game publisher focusing on pleasant, cozy games that can be played in pieces, that require no special skills or knowledge, and that anyone can pick up and play. We’re believers in accessibility, inclusion, and widening the audience that gets to play. We like to consider ourselves the defenders of easy games. Join in on the discussion via our Discord.