BNE ANZ with BANDAI AMERICA to LAUNCH TAMAGOTCHI PIX!
Everyone’s Favourite Virtual Pet Continues To Evolve With Exciting New Upgrades!
SYDNEY – (April 22nd, 2021) – Bandai America is fortifying the Tamagotchi franchise and allowing fans to enter the Tamagotchi world like never before with the release of the Tamagotchi Pix. This device will be the first to feature a built-in camera that allows you to take pictures with your virtual pet and interact with your character in a whole new way!
This new device takes the core of Tamagotchi play (nurturing and caring for your Tamagotchi character) and further immerses users into the Tamagotchi universe with exciting NEW features! It’s not just about feeding your virtual pet anymore, you can now cook for your Tamagotchi character, have food delivered, explore the real world to meet Tamagotchi friends and add pictures of the adventures with a built-in social feed. How you raise your Tamagotchi character will affect gameplay in a whole new way with new personal rooms and gameplay that dictate your Tamagotchi character’s future profession when they go back to Tamagotchi Planet.
With pre-sales starting today, fans can get ready to hatch their new and improved Tamagotchi characters!
“With over 82M units sold globally and almost 25 years in the market, Tamagotchi is a brand that is truly known across generations,” said Tara Badie, Bandai America Senior Director Brand Strategy.
No internet connection is required to connect with your virtual pet so you can nurture your Tamagotchi wherever you go, making for a blended experience that brings together the real world with the world of Tamagotchi.
Tamagotchi Pix Features:
- Built-in camera that allows you to take pictures with your Tamagotchi character
- Nurture your Tamagotchi character in a new way by painting, cooking, and exploring using the camera to bring your world into Tamagotchi
- Touch buttons allow you to interact with your Tamagotchi in a much more intricate and engaging way
- Explore the real world to meet 100 Tamagotchi friends
- New play possibilities, including:
- How you raise your virtual pet will decide their unique future profession for when they return to Tamagotchi Planet
- Tamagotchi play is reflected in new personal rooms that help curate your Tamagotchi’s future career
- Influencing your next egg based on your choices
- Earn Gotchi points or keep your character happy with a variety of games
- Connect with your friend’s device through a Tama Code to play together now or later and give gifts
- Go online and complete missions to download new items & gifts starting in August
- A new built-in social world to showcase your Tamagotchi adventures
- Choose from 6 languages for gameplay: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese
- Available in four unique shells:
- Floral (Pink) – pre-sale available now
- Sky (Purple) – pre-sale available now
- Ocean (Blue) – Coming Soon
- Nature (Green) – Coming Soon
- Core Fans: 6-12 years old
For more information visit www.tamagotchi.com
About Bandai America Incorporated
Bandai builds on dreams, adds to the fun, and strives to inspire kids of all ages around the world, every day! A leader in developing engaging, quality toys that capture
children’s imaginative spirit and provide endless “Fun For The Future,” Bandai America Incorporated is the manufacturer and master toy licensee of some of the most popular brands in children’s toys and interactive entertainment today. The Bandai America brand family includes PAC-MAN®, Dragon Ball®, Charaction CUBE™ by MegaHouse, Anime Heroes™, DIGIMON® and Tamagotchi®, among other boys, girls, preschool, and hobby product lines. Bandai America Incorporated is a subsidiary of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings USA Inc., an entity that resulted from the integration of Bandai Co. Ltd. and Namco Ltd. of Japan. Global interests encompass five strategic business units: Toys and Hobby, Network Entertainment, Real Entertainment, Visual and Music Production, IP Creation and Affiliated Business Companies. The company is headquartered in El Segundo, California. Find out more about our expertise in connecting with kids in fun and fresh ways at www.Bandai.com. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.