WATCH DOGS: LEGION OFFERS FREE TRIAL WEEKEND
Game Will Be Discounted Up To 50% On Selected Platforms
Sydney, Australia – March 24, 2021 – Today, Ubisoft announced that Watch Dogs: Legion will be available to play for free from March 26 – 30 in Australia and New Zealand on Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®5*, Epic Games Store and Ubisoft Store on Windows PC. In addition, pre-load will be available tomorrow.
Every character in near-future London will be available to recruit and play as during the Free Trial Weekend in both single-player and online modes. Players will be able to check out all of the open-world activities such as playing darts at the local pub and participating in bareknuckle fights, as well as explore half of the eight boroughs including the City of London and Islington & Hackney. Additionally, players will be able to discover the game’s storyline up to the Skye Larsen mission.
Players who want to continue their fight will keep their game progression and enjoy discounts on Watch Dogs: Legion and the season pass across select platforms:
- Xbox: From March 25th to April 15th – 50% off of the Standard and Ultimate editions.
- PlayStation: From March 25th to 31st – 50% off of the Standard and Ultimate editions and 25% off of the season pass
- Ubisoft Store on Windows PC: From March 19th to April 9th – 50% off of the Standard, Gold & Ultimate editions, and 25% off of the season pass
- Epic Games Store on Windows PC: March 26th to April 8th – 50% off of the Standard, Gold & Ultimate editions, and 25% off of the season pass
More information on the Free Trial Weekend, including exact timing, can be found here.
Furthermore, Ubisoft has detailed the availability of the free post-launch content for all Watch Dogs: Legion players as well as the new, exclusive content for season pass owners across single-player and online modes.
The post-launch content for all Watch Dogs: Legion players include:
- Today, March 24: Leader of the Pack, the first Tactical Op which will require teamwork and efficiency, is available to play in the online mode of Watch Dogs: Legion. Working with a whistle-blower, DedSec uncovers a deadly initiative that brings the next level of hive-mind based AI on Urban Drone Warfare. They must race to stop the program at its tracks and will discover a hidden terrifying threat at the heart of it all.
- In late-May, players will have access to two new PvP modes: Extraction and fan favourite, Invasion, and a new Tactical Op, Project Omni, in the online mode of Watch Dogs: Legion. Project Omni is intense and challenging and will need a team of four to infiltrate a secret project to find out why Londoners’ Optik devices are negatively affecting their brains.
For Season pass owners:
- In late-April, Mina, a subject of transhuman experiments, who possesses the ability to mind control individuals will be available alongside a new mission.
- Late-June will see the release Watch Dogs: Legion – Bloodline, a new storyline which includes Aiden Pearce from the original Watch Dogs game and Wrench from Watch Dogs 2 fully playable in the single player campaign and online.
- In August, Darcy, a member of the Assassin Order from Assassin’s Creed® will be available as a new playable character alongside new missions.
In Watch Dogs: Legion, London is facing its downfall. Amidst the growing unrest of a restless London, an unknown entity named Zero-Day has framed secret underground resistance DedSec for coordinated bombings across London. In the aftermath, criminal opportunists from every corner of London took hold and filled the void left by a defeated government. As a member of DedSec, players will be going up against those criminal opportunists in Watch Dogs: Legion; sadists, mercenaries, cybercriminals, and more; they’ll have to be prepared for a variety of situations. Players must recruit members into their DedSec Resistance to take on these criminal opportunists, liberate London and uncover the identity of Zero-Day.
Watch Dogs: Legion has a variety of accessibility options, ranging from fully customizable controls to directional audio captions. A full list of accessibility options can be found on news.ubisoft.com.
For the latest news on Watch Dogs: Legion and all of Ubisoft’s games, please visit news.ubisoft.com.
For more information about Watch Dogs: Legion, please visit watchdogs.com, and join the conversation by using #watchdogslegion.
* Through PlayStation 4 backwards compatibility.
ABOUT WATCH DOGS
Watch Dogs launched in 2014 as the video game industry’s best-selling new IP at launch. To-date, the award-winning franchise has registered more than 50 million unique players worldwide. The hacker series extends to other entertainment media, including books and comics. The latest opus in the franchise, Watch Dogs: Legion, was released on October 29, 2020.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Just Dance, Watch Dogs, Tom Clancy’s video game series including Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six and The Division. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2019–20 fiscal year, Ubisoft generated net bookings of €1,534 million. To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com.
© 2021 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Watch Dogs, Ubisoft, and the Ubisoft logo are registered or unregistered trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries.