Registrations open for student gamers in Australia to compete in world’s biggest university VALORANT competition
- Red Bull Campus Clutch invites students from around Australia to represent their campus and battle for supremacy, competing in new esports phenomenon, VALORANT
- Australian qualifiers will take place from April 8 to April 16, and registration is now open at redbull.com/CampusClutchAU
Australia, Tuesday 16 March 2021: Red Bull Campus Clutch, the biggest global university esports event to ever take place has opened for registrations in Australia, offering students a unique opportunity to be a part of a global experience and compete in one of the fastest growing and most talked about games, VALORANT.
The groundbreaking competition challenges players of all levels to team up, represent their campus, and compete on the world stage to make history for their university and country. The online event also offers students the opportunity to showcase their skills in one of the hottest character-based tactical first person shooters (FPS) for PC, where precise gunplay meets unique agent abilities, and understand what it takes to compete professionally.
To take part, student teams of five around the country are invited to sign up to the online qualifiers which will run from April 8 to April 16. The top teams from the qualifiers will move forward to fight for supremacy in the National Finals on April 24. To enter this unique, first of its kind event, students must be over 18 and enrolled in an Australian university. Teams of five can register to compete at redbull.com/CampusClutchAU
The winning National Finals team will take home the ultimate glory and title as Australia’s first Red Bull Campus Clutch victors, along with prizes up to the value of RRP $12,500 with each team member receiving an Intel NUC 11 Mini PC, AOC Monitor and SteelSeries peripheral pack.
National winners across the global series will compete in a World Finals with the team that emerges victorious securing €20,000. In addition, Riot Games, the creators of VALORANT are offering the Red Bull Campus Clutch World Final Winners an exclusive chance to see the biggest stars in VALORANT compete at the upcoming VALORANT Masters event, an official tournament within the 2021 Champions Tour.
VALORANT was one of the fastest growing, talked about, and most watched games of 2020, breaking the “single-day hours watched record in a single game category” with 34 million hours, according to Twitch.
As the esports industry continues to thrive, university esports ensures the ecosystem remains sustainable and provides a much-needed path for new talent. Red Bull Campus Clutch is a new grassroots event that aims to take university esports to the next level by creating a global structure, inviting students to not only represent their campus, but their country, and pave the way for the next generation of esports pro players.
The Australian Red Bull Campus Clutch Qualifiers take place online from April 8 to April 16.
Visit the Red Bull Campus Clutch event page to find out more on how to enter and register now: redbull.com/CampusClutchAU
About World Finals
Red Bull is dedicated to the safety and wellbeing of players while delivering high quality, professional competitive experiences. Further details on the World Finals will be provided closer to the date.
About Red Bull Gaming & Esports
Red Bull gives you wings – in gaming and real life. We have built up personalities in gaming and hosted and supported esports events for a long time. Some of the most notable athletes promoted include streaming superstar Ninja, the 2019 Dota 2 world champions OG, and many more. We are partners with the League of Legends Global Esports Events and numerous regional leagues around the world, including the League of Legends European Championship (LEC), Campeonato Brasileiro de League of Legends (CBLOL), and League of Legends Championship Series (LCS).
Apart from Red Bull Campus Clutch, we host tournaments – like the Red Bull Kumite – that gives world class players the chance to stand out. Explore the world behind the can and visit the hub on redbull.com/esports or redbull.com/gaming. Our hubs feature the latest trends in gaming, esports and lifestyle. It is a focal point for getting information about exciting upcoming Red Bull events, plus there is a section aimed at players in particular who want to improve their skills.
More Red Bull Gaming / Esports
- Still images for editorial use: https://www.redbullcontentpool.com/
- Web: https://redbull.com/gaming and https://redbull.com/esports
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/redbullgaming
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/redbullgaming/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RedBullGaming
About the Global Partners
Red Bull Campus Clutch is presented in collaboration with such partners as AOC, SteelSeries and Intel. Bringing the event to life, each partner will provide cutting-edge hardware for the esports tournament. Intel, the Gaming PC Partner, will create a limited Red Bull Campus Clutch Edition of the Intel NUC Phantom Canyon for the competition. The official Monitor Partner, AOC will provide top-notch high performance gaming monitors for the event. SteelSeries is the official Peripheral Partner and will equip students with their award-winning gaming headsets, keyboards and mice.
The Rise of VALORANT
- VALORANT was one of the most anticipated games releases for 2020
- It is played in teams of 5 (5v5)
- The genre is First-Person Shooter (FPS)
- The game launched on PC in June 2020
- VALORANT is a competitive 5v5 character-based tactical shooter for the PC developed by Riot Games. VALORANT is a precise and lethal multiplayer game with high-fidelity gunplay, a diverse arsenal of guns, agents with unique abilities, and competitively tuned maps for thousands of hours of play.
- VALORANT is a free-to-play game and optimised to perform on a wide variety of PC hardware, allowing for a global audience to compete. Demonstrated by the game’s best-in-class game server quality, global infrastructure, and proprietary anti-cheat technology, Riot Games is committed to preserving the core tenets of the tactical shooter genre and upholding the competitive integrity of the gameplay experience.
- VALORANT quickly established itself as a fan-favorite among the global first-person shooter community after launching its closed beta in April 2020. The game made history on its first day, breaking viewership records with 34 million hours-watched in a single day, and surpassing 1.7 million peak concurrent viewers, a peak concurrent record second only to Riot Games’ 2019 League of Legends World Championship Finals. Over the course of VALORANT’s two-month beta testing period, an average of nearly 3 million players logged on each day to play. Fans also demonstrated their enthusiasm for the shooter by watching more than 470 million hours of VALORANT closed beta streams on Twitch, the world’s leading service and community for multiplayer entertainment, and Korean video-streaming service AfreecaTV.
- Riot Games the developer and publisher for VALORANT recently announced their esports structure for 2021- a three-tiered structure called the VALORANT Champions Tour