New release window announced for all formats
Milan, Italy – 11th February, 2021. Independent Italian developer 3DClouds and global independent games label, Team17, are thrilled to announce a new publishing deal for the highly anticipated, pirate-themed action RPG, King of Seas. The action-packed seafaring adventure is scheduled to release in May 2021 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch™.
The publishing deal between 3D Clouds and Team17 will provide additional resources for the team to work on enhancing the gameplay quality as well as implement further languages into the game, including German, French, Spanish, and both Simplified and Traditional Chinese, ensuring the final game delivers the best gaming experience for the players.
“We’re really pleased to be able to come on board with 3D Clouds and help launch King of Seas,” said Chris Coates, Head of Studio’s, Team17. “The game is already hotly anticipated, and we’re really eager to help enhance it for PC and consoles ready for launch later this spring.”
“3D Clouds have created a very exciting game in King of Seas,” said Chris Coates, Head of Studios at Team17. “We are delighted to open up our studio resources here at Team17 to help further enhance what is already a hotly anticipated game and look forward to launching on PC & Consoles later this spring.”
“We are extremely happy and proud about this collaboration with Team17,” said Francesco Bruschi, CEO, 3DClouds. “It’s a fantastic opportunity for 3DClouds and, especially, for King of Seas, which will reach new levels of quality and an even wider audience. We look to the future with renewed optimism, confident that we can continue to work with Team17 for a long period of time.”
Fans can now start to pre-order this swashbuckling adventure on their preferred platform from the official store pages – PC via Steam and Microsoft Store with the Nintendo eShop and PlayStation Store following soon.
About King of Seas
King of Seas is an action role-playing game set in a deadly procedurally generated pirate world. In a ferocious plot, you will fight to regain what has been taken away and embark on an epic adventure in a fantastic world, filled with battles, lost islands and treasures. A universe full of amazing characters and breathtaking missions will keep you anchored as you strive to become the king of all pirates.
- Story: A series of quests guide you on your journey and uncover the intriguing characters of the King of Seas world who will lead you to the next path of your epic adventure.
- Procedural Generation: Dive into a lush, procedurally generated world that constantly refreshes the exploration mechanics within each new game.
- Dynamic World: The world reacts to your every action, naval routes change and with each conquered settlement the difficulty adapts to constantly give you a more challenging time.
- Map: A thick fog will ensure travelling towards objectives is not plain sailing, after all wouldn’t you want to lose the joy of exploration !?
- Navigation system: Atmospheric effects influence gameplay. Sail during a storm at your own risk, escape the enemies and always remember to carefully watch the wind direction to stay in control during battles. The strategy starts here.
- Ship customization: Five types of highly customizable ships through an equipment and skill system, just as in any true role-playing game!
- Combat system: Not only cannon shots and nautical strategy but also speed and spectacle, thanks to a set of more than 20 skills to choose from and three branches of talents to suit any playstyle.
King of Seas will be available this May for Windows PC via Steam, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. Fans can wishlist the PC version on the official King of Seas Steam page here. For all the latest information please visit the official website here or follow on social media Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Discord and YouTube.
Pricing as follows
PC – £24.99 / €24.99 / $24.99 / $39.99AUS
Nintendo Switch – £24.99 / €24.99 / $24.99 / $39.99AUS
Xbox One – £24.99 / €24.99 / $24.99 / $39.99AUS
PlayStation 4 – £24.99 / €24.99 / $24.99 / $39.99AUS
3DClouds is a graphic studio creating multimedia productions in Computer Graphics and MultiService 3D. For some years 3DClouds has specialized in creating video games thanks to a team of veterans of the sector, with experience in Microsoft, Milestone and Ubisoft, and a team of young and enthusiastic talents. 3DClouds debut videogame All-Star Fruit Racing released in 2018 was a kart racer available on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Switch. The following year 2019 turned out to be a very big year for 3DClouds with three separate titles released. Xenon Racer our second game was released in the spring showcasing another example of design innovation within the racing video games genre. In November “Race With Ryan” a second kart racing game was released which we developed for the most famous youtuber channel in the world, Ryan’s Toy Reviews. Closing out on a busy 2019 we also released CARRUMBLE, a completely new take on the brawler genre.
About Team17 Group plc
Founded in 1990, Team17 Group plc is a leading developer, video games label, and creative partner for developers around the world. Floated on AIM in 2018, Team17, with its extensive portfolio of over 100 titles, embodies the spirit of independent games. In addition to the award-winning Overcooked!, Yoku’s Island Express, and the iconic Worms, which celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2020, Team17 has helped bring critically acclaimed titles including Hell Let Loose, Moving Out, Golf With Your Friends, Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair, Blasphemous, and The Escapists to gamers everywhere.