Net Profit Sees Substantial Growth Year-Over-Year as Netmarble Prepares to Launch Major Q1 Releases
LOS ANGELES – FEB. 17, 2021 – Netmarble Corp., a global mobile game company focused on creating entertaining gaming experiences for players of all ages, has announced its earnings for the year 2020.
“We achieved meaningful growth in 2020 with the global launch of A3: STILL ALIVE, the Korean launch of Seven Knights 2 and MaguMagu 2020, the continued success of The Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross and MARVEL Contest of Champions as well as ongoing enthusiasm from players worldwide for our current portfolio of games,” said Seungwon Lee, Co-CEO of Netmarble. “We made noteworthy achievements with our original IP titles this year, and will continue to make efforts to strengthen original IP for global players to enjoy.”
“With Blade & Soul Revolution launching globally and details on our NBA Ball Stars partnership with the NBA and NBPA coming soon, we are anticipating a strong start to kick off another successful year for Netmarble, along with our new titles Ni No Kuni: Cross Worlds, MARVEL Future Revolution, and Seven Knights Revolution in the works,” said Lee.
Selected highlights from Netmarble’s 2020 year-end financial results include:
- Total revenue of $2.1 billion (YoY 14.0%), operating profit of $230.56 million (YoY 34.2%), and net profit of $286.9 million (YoY 99.4%).
- Netmarble’s overseas sales accounted for 72% ($1,517.84 million), 23.3% increase year-over-year.
Q4 financial results include:
- Revenue of $528.7 million (YoY 12.4%, QoQ -2.9%), operating profit of $69.93 million (YoY 61.4%, QoQ -5.6%), and net profit of $87.57 million (YoY 2097.9%, QoQ 11.7%).
- Top performing titles from the fourth quarter feature original and partner games including MARVEL Contest of Champions (15% of revenue earned) (Kabam), The Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross (12% of revenue earned),Seven Knights 2 (12% of revenue earned), Lineage 2: Revolution (8% of revenue earned), Blade & Soul Revolution (5% of revenue earned), Harry Potter Hogwarts Mystery (5% of revenue earned) (Jam City), A3: STILL ALIVE (5% of revenue earned), Cookie Jam (4% of revenue earned) (Jam City), and MARVEL Future Fight (3% of revenue earned). All of Netmarble’s other games contributed to 31% of revenue earned.
- Genre portfolio continued to show diversification across RPGs (33%), MMORPGs (31%), Casual games (24%), and other games (12%).
A breakdown of the total financial earnings is below:
|10/1/20-12/31/20 actuals||YoY Changes||QoQ Changes|
|Total Sales||$528.7 million||+12.4%||-2.9%|
|Operating Profit||$69.93 million||+61.4%||-5.6%|
|Net Profit||$87.57 million||+2,097.9%||+11.7%|
For details on Netmarble’s quarterly performance, and to listen to the earnings call, please visit the company’s Investor Relations page to learn more.
# # #
About Netmarble Corporation
Established in Korea in 2000, Netmarble Corporation is a top developer and publisher pushing the boundaries of the mobile gaming experience with highly innovative games including Lineage 2: Revolution, The Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross, Blade & Soul Revolution and MARVEL Future Fight. As a parent company of Kabam, and a major shareholder of Jam City and Big Hit Entertainment, Netmarble strives to entertain audiences around the world with a variety of mobile games based on its powerful franchises and collaborations with IP holders worldwide. More information can be found at http://company.netmarble.com