Dark fantasy strategy RPG lets you duel with demigods,exclusive PC alpha kicks off soon for 200 players
Seattle, WA – (February 11, 2021) – Kalypso Media and Frima Studio have today announced Disciples: Liberation – a brand-new mature, dark fantasy strategy RPG – is arriving in Q4 of 2021 on PC and next-gen consoles, including PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. An announcement trailer can be viewed below, though it’s not for the squeamish.
Disciples: Liberation marks a new beginning for the franchise, allowing players to explore a richly detailed dark fantasy world, fight foul beasts in intricate turn-based combat, take on hundreds of unique quests and foster relationships with an assortment of in-world factions: from a human empire tinged by religious extremism to the dark forces of the undead lead by a mad queen. Alliances forged, players can build an army and trade hard-earned resources for an assortment of upgrades to their home base. No choice is without consequence and depending on decisions and political alignments, one wrong move could see a deadly domino effect, irrevocably changing the course of their story.
A closed PC alpha for Disciples: Liberation will be available soon, allowing 200 players to go hands-on with the game.
- 80+ hour single-player campaign: experience a sprawling dark fantasy epic over three acts, with more than 270 quests and five unique endings to unlock
- Explore a war-torn overworld: journey through a sprawling world in ruin and work to unearth its endless secrets, hidden treasures, and bloody past
- Write your own story: pick from four uniquely skilled classes and define your place in the world, recruiting others to your cause from an assortment of factions
- Build a base: take on quests for precious resources and use your political savvy to build a place of planning and sanctuary
- Fight for your life: recruit 50+ units and amass an army best suited to your play style; hone both steel and spell in intricate-turned based combat.
- Challenge deadly bosses: test your mettle and pit your party against horrific monsters and beasts, each requiring a unique strategy
- Choice is everything: let your decisions guide your fate and directly influence what sort of leader you become
- Fight your friends: put forth the ultimate challenge and battle for supremacy in 2-player online skirmishes
About the Kalypso Media Group
Kalypso Media Group GmbH is a fully independent publisher, developer and marketer of interactive entertainment software with 150 employees in 9 locations in Germany, England, Japan, and the United States, including Kasedo Games, Kalypso Media’s digital-first label, and three development studios – Realmforge Studios (Dungeons series), Gaming Minds Studios (Railway Empire, Port Royale) and Claymore Game Studios (upcoming Commandos game).
Specializing in developing strategy games for a global audience on all modern platforms, Kalypso Media’s IP portfolio includes the full rights to the Tropico series, Commandos, Port Royale, Dungeons, Sudden Strike, Railway Empire, and others. Kalypso Media’s recent releases are Commandos 2 – HD Remaster and Praetorians – HD Remaster, Railway Empire – Nintendo Switch™ Edition, Dungeons 3 – Complete Collection, Railway Empire – Complete Collection, Port Royale 4, Tropico 6 – Nintendo Switch™ Edition, and Commandos 2 – HD Remaster for Nintendo Switch™. Upcoming releases include Club Manager 2022 (2021), Spacebase Startopia (3/26/21) and Disciples: Liberation (Q4 2021). Kasedo Games’ recent releases include Filament and console versions of Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus. Upcoming releases include Distant Kingdoms. More information about the Kalypso Media Group is available at www.kalypsomedia.com.