The fifth DLC pack in the Civilization® VI – New Frontier Pass,the Vietnam & Kublai Khan Pack,is now available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Windows PC, Mac and Linux! Below are the full details:
This new content pack introduces Bà Triệu as the leader of Vietnam and Kublai Khan as an alternate leader of either China or Mongolia in Sid Meier’s Civilization VI.
The pack includes the Vietnam civilization with Bà Triệu, the Voi Chien unique unit and the Thanh unique building:
- Civ Unique Ability: Vietnam’s unique ability is “Nine Dragon River Delta.” All land specialty districts can only be built on Rainforest, Marsh or Woods tiles. Buildings on each type of tile receive either additional Science, Production or Culture. This ability also allows Woods to be planted with the Medieval Faires civic;
- Leader Unique Ability: Bà Triệu’s unique ability, “Drive Out the Aggressors,” provides additional Combat Strength for units fighting in Rainforest, Marsh or Woods tiles; this bonus is further increased for tiles owned by Vietnam. Beginning a turn in Rainforest, Marsh or Woods also provides additional Movement, which is also further increased for tiles owned by Vietnam;
- Unique Unit: Vietnam features the unique Medieval era ranged unit, the Voi Chien. This unit can move after attacking and has additional Movement. It is more expensive than the Crossbowman unit it replaces, but is stronger when defending and has greater sight;
- Unique District and Buildings: The Thanh unique district offers additional Culture for each adjacent district. Once Flight is researched, the district generates Tourism equal to its Culture output. It does not require a population and is cheaper to build than the Encampment district it replaces.
This pack also includes Kublai Khan as an alternate leader for China and Mongolia:
- Leader Unique Ability: Kublai Khan’s unique ability, “Gerege,” provides one extra Economic policy slot in any government. It also grants a random Eureka and Inspiration when establishing a Trading Post in another civilization’s city for the first time;
- As a leader of China, Kublai Khan’s science boosts are even more powerful, and his extra policy slot empowers economic strategies. As a leader of Mongolia, Kublai Khan leverages trade routes for military might.
New “Monopolies & Corporations” Game Mode*
The Vietnam and Kublai Khan Pack also introduces the new game mode, Monopolies and Corporations. This optional game mode elevates strategic economic gameplay to a whole new level, offering enticing new rewards based on claiming, acquiring, and exploiting map resources in every era:
- Create an Industry around duplicate Luxury resources to grant buffs to host cities and provide bonus Great Merchant points;
- Transform Industries into Corporations, which can be given customized names, increase Industry effects, and create Products. Products can be shipped to other cities to share Industry effects throughout a civilization;
- A Monopoly is created when a civilization dominates the global supply of a Luxury Resource. Monopolies provide additional Tourism and can significantly increase the Gold generated each turn, especially for civilizations focused on global trade.
New District and Buildings
The Vietnam and Kublai Khan Pack also includes a new district and new buildings:
- New District: The Preserve district is placed in a secluded area untouched by infrastructure. It can Culture-bomb adjacent unowned tiles, gains additional Housing based on Appeal and increases the Appeal of adjacent tiles;
- New Buildings: Two buildings can be constructed in the Preserve district. The Grove unlocks with Mysticism, while the Sanctuary unlocks with Conservation. Both increase the yields of adjacent Charming and Breathtaking tiles that have not been improved.
Assets are available at the 2K Newsroom. The Vietnam & Kublai Khan Pack is the fifth of several bimonthly DLCs coming to Civilization VI as part of the Civilization VI – New Frontier Pass, which brings eight new civilizations, nine new leaders, six new game modes and more to the critically-acclaimed strategy game. The Civilization VI – New Frontier Pass is priced at $59.95 AUD; the Vietnam & Kublai Khan Packis available for individual purchase at $13.45 AUD. The Vietnam & Kublai Khan Pack requires Civilization VI to play.
*Monopolies & Corporations mode
available with base game. Some luxuries require Rise & Fall expansion to access. Rise & Fall expansion sold separately.
Firaxis Games is a 2K studio. 2K is a wholly owned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
# # #