SAN DIEGO – December 1, 2020 – Psyonix, the San Diego video game developer, announced that Rocket League’s Season 2 will go live on December 9. The next season is a celebration of music that will introduce a new customization option called Player Anthems, new songs and content from Grammy-nominated EDM artist Kaskade through a partnership with Monstercat, a new Rocket Pass, a new Arena, and more!
Rocket League Season 2 will feature:
● Player Anthems – This new customization option will let players select and play Rocket League music in the Arena after scoring a goal. More information about Player Anthems will be revealed on the Rocket League website tomorrow.
● New Music and Content From Kaskade – Psyonix partnered with long-standing partner and electronic music label Monstercat and acclaimed producer Kaskade to create an EP of songs for Rocket League Season 2. The first song, “Flip Reset,” with WILL K, is now available in-game, featured in the Season 2 trailer. Additional Kaskade music and content will be available throughout the season.
● New Rocket Pass – This season’s Rocket Pass includes music-themed items, some of which will pulse and flash to the beat of the menu and arena music! The appropriately named R3MX car and 70+ Tiers of unique items will be available for those who unlock Rocket Pass Premium.
● Neon Fields Arena – This new EDM-inspired Arena will be available in Online Playlists and Private Matches.
● Rocket Labs – Rocket Labs will return as a Casual Limited Time Mode Playlist throughout the season.
● Additional Updates – New Competitive Rewards, Challenges, Quality of Life improvements, and changes to the Esports Shop are coming in Season 2 as well. More information on the changes to the Esports Shop will be available early next week.
ABOUT ROCKET LEAGUE
Winner or nominee of more than 150 “Game of the Year” awards, Rocket League is one of the most critically-acclaimed sports games of our generation. Rocket League is a high-powered hybrid of arcade-style soccer and vehicular mayhem with easy-to-understand controls and fluid, physics-driven competition. Available on Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and PC from the Epic Games Store, Rocket League includes nearly endless customization possibilities, a fully-featured offline season mode, multiple game types, casual and competitive online matches, and special “Mutators” that let you change the rules entirely.
To learn more about Rocket League, please visit www.RocketLeague.com, “Like” it on Facebook, and follow it on Twitter @RocketLeague for all the latest developer updates and news.
Based in San Diego, CA, Psyonix is a critically-acclaimed video game developer and a leading expert in Unreal Engine technology. For more than 15 years, the studio has been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III, Unreal Tournament 2004, and the award-winning Sports-Action hit, Rocket League®.
© 2015-2020 Psyonix LLC. Rocket League, Psyonix, and all related marks and logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of Psyonix LLC. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
As a household name in electronic music for over two decades, Multi GRAMMY Award-nominated musician Kaskade needs no introduction. His list of achievements is a mile long: 11 studio albums, 7 GRAMMY nominations, the first solo electronic dance artist to sell out both Navy Pier in Chicago and the Staples Center in Los Angeles, the first DJ to ever secure a Las Vegas residency, the only DJ to have played the Grand Canyon West Skywalk, and the first electronic artist to headline Coachella. Less tangible but even more important has been his influence on dance music tastes and culture for generations of listeners. Often Kaskade is one of the artists who introduced now-veteran listeners to the genre, and such fans typically become evangelical fans for life. In 2019, he worked with multi-award winner Meghan Trainor on “With You”, Cheat Codes “Be the One” and Gorgon City on “Go Slow,” among solo releases, such as “My Light,” “Come On,” and official remixes for the likes of Alicia Keys, Jennifer Lopez, and Gwen Stefani earlier. Kaskade continues what has become a nostalgic tradition for many dance music veterans and a crash course in their new favorite kind of music for uninitiated listeners. Only months into 2020, and Kaskade has released a REDUX EP, and multiple singles to alleviate quarantine stress for his audience. Stay tuned for more moves from the original curve bender, Kaskade.
Monstercat is one of electronic music’s most influential independent record labels. Founded in Canada in 2011, its mission has remained the same: to empower a creative and passionate community of artists and fans through innovation.
Championing a cadre of world-renowned artists including Marshmello, Vicetone, and Tokyo Machine, Monstercat celebrated over 1.9 Billion audio streams in 2019, and exceeds 150 Million global streams monthly. With 4 releases a week across the Uncaged and Instinct imprints, Monstercat has topped radio and streaming charts worldwide.
Beyond recorded music, Monstercat channels the undeniable power of its brand into apparel, live event promotion, and gaming partnerships. In 2019, Monstercat hosted stages and events at international festivals including Tomorrowland, ADE, and Miami Music Week, with a collective 65 events across 14 countries. Monstercat also holds its own annual festival, Compound, which draws thousands of fans to Vancouver in celebration of artists + music. Monstercat’s live radio program Call of the Wild boosts the signal even further, reaching 3 Million listeners weekly through its syndication partnerships across 30+ global networks including SiriusXM, and popular livestreaming platform Twitch.
Within the work of sync + partnerships, Monstercat has redefined music licensing for content creators and major brands. Undertaking co-branded soundtracks, in-game activations, and collaborations with game publishers and titles–including Epic/Psyonix (Fortnite, Rocket League), Roblox, and Beat Games (Beat Saber)–Monstercat offers curated solutions that continue to excite and fuel the gaming community.
Backed by passionate employees, driven artists, and the dedication of fans worldwide, Monstercat proves that independent labels have the ability to reshape and reimagine the music industry landscape.