MARVEL REALM OF CHAMPIONS LAUNCHES WORLDWIDE TODAY ON THE APP STORE AND GOOGLE PLAY
Customize Your Marvel Champion and Battle in Epic Real-Time Multiplayer Brawls!
Starting today, Marvel fans and gamers can Make Marvel Theirs. Unique to MARVEL Realm of Champions, players will customize their own Marvel Champion with a variety of gear and weapons to suit their personal tastes and playstyles.
Players will take part in a Secret War between Marvel-inspired factions. Team up with friends around the world for intense real-time action and arena combat against enemies and other players in an epic war of planetary proportions.
MARVEL Realm of Champions is a bold, new imagining of the Marvel Universe that transports players to Battleworld, a mysterious, war-ravaged planet forged from many realities. The factions of Battleworld had been kept in isolation until Maestro marched over the land and forced the houses to unify into a single Realm, keeping a tenuous peace on the planet. The Maestro’s reign was cut short when he was mysteriously murdered, causing massive unrest and the threat of imminent war. In a last-ditch effort, a group of the House Leaders gathered and agreed to fight in a secret war to prevent an open war.
After selecting their Champion and equipping the best gear for the battle, players can team up with friends for epic multiplayer skirmishes in unique Marvel-inspired battle arenas and brawl in real-time cooperative battles for glory, triumph, and honor.
“MARVEL Realm of Champions is a game that could only be possible thanks to Kabam’s team of incredibly talented and knowledgeable creators and the level of trust and confidence we have built with Marvel Games. Marvel is an amazing partner, allowing us the opportunity to transform their properties into something that no Marvel fan has witnessed before,” said Gabriel Frizzera, Creative Director of MARVEL Realm of Champions. “This is only the beginning for Realm, we are creating a world as deep and rich as MARVEL Contest of Champions. We are looking forward to seeing how the world and stories of Battleworld unfold as players dive deep into what makes Realm special.”
“As MARVEL Contest of Champions celebrates its sixth sensational year, our amazing friends at Kabam are boldly expanding their ongoing story as they invite players around the world to select and shape their own Marvel Super Hero to battle for the fate of Battleworld,” said Marvel Games VP and Head of Creative Bill Rosemann. ““From the Super Soldiers of the noble Patriot Garrison to the Web Warriors of the secretive Spider-Guild to the Hulks of the rampaging Gamma Horde, players have the power of variety and customization at their fingertips. Choose wisely and brawl bravely!”
Players jumping into MARVEL Realm of Champions will eagerly experience the following:
- CUSTOMIZABLE MARVEL CHAMPIONS: For the first time in a Marvel game, players take control of their Marvel Champion and customize them to showcase their personal strengths and style. Players can strategically personalize their own Champion through a large variety of gear, abilities, and weapon upgrades. They can build a well-rounded team of Marvel Champions with unique roles and abilities that cater to personal playstyles, or focus on progressing one ultimate Champion to play their part in leading teams to victory.
- NEW, IMMERSIVE MARVEL-INSPIRED WORLD: Players can fully immerse themselves in a new world of Marvel lore and intrigue primed for multiplayer battle and mayhem. From barbarian wastelands populated with Hulks, to high-tech cityscapes built on Iron Man’s Stark Tech, players will experience action, adventure, and the thrill of victory by competing and conquering these arenas with a team of like-minded Champions.
- EPIC MULTIPLAYER BRAWLS: Players connect with their network of friends and challenge others from around the world to decide who will conquer Battleworld in action-packed team battles. Players strategize with a cooperative team to determine the best playstyle and Champion mix, and then lead their team to victory in Arena Conquest (3v3) and Arena Deathmatch (2v2v2). Players can also team up and battle waves of enemies in Stronghold and Onslaught.
- A VISUALLY STUNNING MARVEL CHAMPIONS EXPERIENCE: Players will witness awe-inspiring graphics and beautifully sculpted representations of Marvel characters, battle arenas, and spectacular special moves across a suite of rich environments themed after iconic Marvel Super Heroes, Super Villains and settings. MARVEL Realm of Champions features accessible and intuitive touch controls with thrilling, action-oriented combat, offering moments of pure joy and amazement within a real-time combat system.
- ALWAYS ON & EVOLVING: Players will always have something to do when logging into MARVEL Realm of Champions, whether it’s personalizing Champions, upgrading gear sets, or fighting against enemy teams. New content, including gear sets, weapons, special limited-time events and additional Champions inspired by over 80 years of Marvel history, will be added throughout the game’s life, ensuring there is always something new to achieve in-game.
At launch, MARVEL Realm of Champions players can look forward to customizing seven playable Champions with a full suite of gear sets and unique weapons.
They will brawl in four intense game modes, in eight beautifully rendered, Marvel inspired Battle Arenas. These modes offer a variety of cooperative team-ups. Arena Conquest (3v3) and Arena Deathmatch (2v2v2) are the intense real-time PvP competitive modes. Stronghold and Onslaught, are centered around a team of three who will defend their ISO-Core against waves of enemy Adaptoids and corrupted Champion bosses, whose difficulty scales as the team progresses.
In addition to the intense multiplayer action, players will get rewards for logging in daily, and can form and join player-run Alliances.
Building on the success of Kabam’s MARVEL Contest of Champions, a hugely popular mobile fighting game that just celebrated its 6th anniversary, MARVEL Realm of Champions offers a unique, creative way for players to interact with a new Marvel Universe. The two games will be supported fully by Kabam with exciting roadmaps planned out for both games in 2021 and beyond.
MARVEL Realm of Champions is now available as a free download (with in-app purchases) on the App Store and Google Play. For more information on MARVEL Realm of Champions, including updates on future patches, content, and in-game enhancements, please visit the official site or follow the official Facebook page.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behavior with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has worked with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions and Transformers: Forged to Fight. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editors’ Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin, Texas. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble.
About Marvel Entertainment
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of more than 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media for over eighty years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing, publishing, games, and digital media.
For more information visit marvel.com. © 2020 MARVEL
About Netmarble Corporation
Established in Korea in 2000, Netmarble Corporation is a top developer and publisher pushing the boundaries of the mobile gaming experience with highly innovative games including Lineage 2: Revolution, The Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross, Blade&Soul Revolution and MARVEL Future Fight. As a parent company of Kabam, and a major shareholder of Jam City and Big Hit Entertainment, Netmarble strives to entertain audiences around the world with a variety of mobile games based on its powerful franchises and collaborations with IP holders worldwide. More information can be found at http://company.netmarble.com