PS4 Edition Coming Soon
December 15th, 2020 — Peachy Keen Games and Whitethorn Digital are thrilled to announce the release of Calico, a village simulation game available now for $11.99 on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Steam, and Epic Games Store. A PlayStation 4 edition is in the works as well.
Calico is a day-in-the-life community sim game where you are given the important/adorable task of rebuilding the town’s cat café, and packing it with cute and cuddly creatures. Build up your café by filling it with delightful furniture, fun decorations and yummy pastries, to get it bustling with animals again!
- Character Creator — The Calico character creator allows players to create their own magical person to experience the world through. We focused on making options that lets you best represent yourself in the Calico world, with a diverse range of skin tones, hair types and body shapes! There are also a myriad of clothing options you can find throughout the game to complete your look!
- All animals are interactive! — The player will encounter many floopy animal friends in the world of Calico. Once befriended, you can ask them to follow you, let them roam free, or send them to their new home at the café. Animals in your party will follow you everywhere you go and listen to your commands. The animals in your cafe will relax and play with any customers that pop in for a visit. Along with adding animals to your party, Interact with cats and other animals by petting and playing! Some of the animal interactions in Calico includes playing with toys, dancing, cuddling, petting, carrying, lounging with, and pampering. You can even place animals on your head!
- Cafe Decoration — Your task in Calico is to bring the town’s café back to life again. This isn’t just achieved by bringing in cats and animals alone, however – you can also decorate your café with furniture of different styles to create the perfect cozy home for you and your animals!
- Cooking Minigame — Create a wonderful café by making yummy bakes goods and drinks for the townspeople! Learn about your follow villagers to pick and choose their favorite foods to sell!
- Magic of Calico — We wanted there to be no limits to how you could find happiness in Calico. Magic potions are a system that allow us to break the rules of what is possible and to find what would be most fun. Example: the More-to-pet Potion allows the player to magically turn a single animal giant-sized! You can hang out with a giant animal, or even ride a giant cat!
Calico is meant to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. The gameplay reflects that with a laid back, low stress creative environment to explore and play in.
To learn more, visit:
About Peachy Keen Games
Peachy Keen Games is a two person dev team based in Seattle, Washington. The team’s focus is on creating calm and cozy experiences including their first feature game; a cute and cozy cat-cafe simulator filled with cats, cuties and a lush magical island.
About Whitethorn Games
We’re an indie game publisher focusing on pleasant, cozy games that can be played in pieces, that require no special skills or knowledge, and that anyone can pick up and play. We’re believers in accessibility, inclusion, and widening the audience that gets to play. We like to consider ourselves the defenders of easy games. Join in on the discussion via our Discord. ©️2020 Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC. “PlayStation”, “PlayStation Family Mark”, and “PS4” are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo.