Like previous Autumn Sales, this year’s is a smaller affair compared to two major Steam sales and focuses more on collecting nominations for the Steam Awards than collecting trading cards.
A traditionally more laid back affair than other game awards, the Steam Award is featuring ten categories this year. Steam users can nominate any title released in the past year for one of the following categories:
- Game of the Year Award
- VR Game of the Year Award
- Labor of Love Award
- Better with Friends Award
- Outstanding Visual Style Award
- Most Innovative Gameplay Award
- Best Game You Suck At Award
- Best Soundtrack Award
- Outstanding Story-Rich Game Award
- Sit Back and Relax Award
Finalists will be announced at the start of the Steam Winter Sale. Winners will be announced on January 3rd, likely the last day of the Steam Winter Sale.