BY ODIN’S BEARD AND LEFT EYE! RUNE II: DECAPITATION EDITION NOW AVAILABLE ON STEAM
Heads Will Roll, Gods Will Die, and Valhalla Will Party in the Comeback Game of the Year
SHERMAN OAKS, CA — NOVEMBER 13, 2020 — Studio 369 and Ragnarok Game, LLC are damn proud to announce that their open world, action-RPG RUNE II: Decapitation Edition is now available on Steam. This edition of Rune II, resurrected by the Studio 369 development team following an attempted sabotage of (zeni)maximum proportions, has been completely redesigned by this dedicated team of veteran game developers to give players a Viking adventure worthy of Odin himself. For a limited time, an exclusive Dragon Armor set will be available for FREE to warriors who purchase RUNE II: Decapitation Edition until November 30. The Dragon Armor offers top-notch combat stats that match the impressive look of this legendary set.
“We had a good game plan last year before we were blindsided the likes and timing of which I have never seen in my decades in the gaming industry,” states Matt Candler, President of Studio 369. “Our disbelief, however, turned to resolve, which we relied on as the catalyst for the passion and drive to make RUNE II: Decapitation Edition, and every aspect – visuals, gameplay, narrative, online multiplayer and so on – has been redesigned and vastly improved. We especially want to thank the Rune community that HAD OUR BACKS and provided great feedback to help us deliver this new amazing game. We could not have battled through this process without your patience, loyalty, and trust.”
For the more avid warrior looking to up their game, new weapon and armor packs are available now for RUNE II: Decapitation Edition, including:
- Dragon Armor Pack (legendary armor set) for FREE ($6.99 after 11/30)
- Molten Weapon Pack (fire-based weapons) for $3.99
- Blood Weapon Pack (increased crit damage) for $3.99
- Ice Weapon Pack (ice-based weapons) for $3.99
RUNE II: Decapitation Edition Features:
- Main Narrative Overhaul: A new overarching story is introduced in the Decapitation Edition, with four main chapters that unwinds a tale of betrayal, rebirth, and revenge. Numerous side quests have been added to compliment the now linear direction.
- Dungeons of Midgard: Deep within the depths of Midgard, an ancient evil has awoken. Inspired by classic RUNE levels, the dungeons will challenge the most hardened Viking warriors as they encounter a gauntlet of enemies, challenging platform sequences, and vile monster bosses. Rare loot awaits!
- Skill Tree System: Bring the power of the Norse gods to aid your quest with unique abilities from the new skill tree system. Gain experience and unlock over 28 abilities centered around your chosen deity… or reject the gods to choose the heathen path!
- Viking Village Life: Rebuild the land of Midgard by gathering resources to repair villages. Create longhouses, forges, and other buildings to restore the community as villagers return to rally behind your cause. Loki’s army will attack during Horde Events, so take up arms with villagers to defend to the last man, woman, and child!
- Updated Co-Op Campaign: The new narrative is best experienced together with friends online and co-op multiplayer has been vastly improved. Battle side-by-side against enemy hordes, revive fallen companions during battle, assault enemy fortifications to destroy their buildings, and stand as one to face the prankster god Loki!
RUNE II: Decapitation Edition is now available on Steam for $29.99. For keeping up on all things RUNE II: Decapitation Edition, join the epic Viking war cry on Discord, read the latest update on our website, like us on Facebook and Instagram, subscribe to our YouTube channel, and follow us on Twitch and Twitter.
# # #
ABOUT RUNE II: DECAPITATION EDITION
Abandoned and sabotaged by the original developers, RUNE II was left in a state of disarray. Raised from the ashes by Studio 369, the game has now emerged for a Steam launch as a re-envisioned story of betrayal, rebirth and revenge. Call upon the power of the Viking deities Odin, Hel, or Thor to bless your quest to take down a God. Explore an expanded Midgard world with buildable villages and loot-filled dungeons. Battle savage hordes of enemies from Norse legends alone or online with friends. Severing that old human head has freed the dev team to bring a glorious and victorious Viking adventure – RUNE II: Decapitation Edition!
ABOUT STUDIO 369
Formed in 2020 to bring RUNE II to a playable state worthy of gamers, Studio 369 is a team of individuals that have extensive development and publishing experience. Their expertise lies in Unreal technology, having a focus on multiplayer, live operations and community management.