NBA 2K21 Next-Generation Gameplay Details Revealed in First Courtside Report
2K today revealed the first of three NBA 2K21 Next-Generation Courtside Reports written by NBA 2K Gameplay Director, Mike Wang. The first report outlines the newest gameplay developments around shooting, dribbling and passing that are coming to the next-gen version of NBA 2K21.
Players will be treated to the most comprehensive NBA 2K basketball experience yet featuring gameplay changes around Pro Stick shooting and dribbling controls and a series of passing improvements powered by next-gen consoles. Built from the ground-up to fully utilize the incredible power, speed and technology of next-gen consoles, NBA 2K21 is an awesome leap forward and is the largest game in franchise history.
Check out all the upcoming next-gen gameplay features in the first NBA 2K21 Next-Generation Courtside Report here: https://nba.2k.com/courtside-report/nba-2k21-next-gen-gameplay-courtside-report-1/
Stay tuned for more details and announcement in the days leading up to the next-gen release. NBA 2K21 will be available on November 10 for Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S globally, November 12 for PlayStation 5 in the US, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea, and November 19 for PlayStation 5 in all other regions. Additional information is available at: https://nba.2k.com/faq.
A new update is also now available for current gen NBA 2K21
In the third update, Visual Concepts has made a series of improvements and fixes across the game, including new Halloween-themed decorations in the Neighbourhood and preparations for the upcoming second Season of MyTEAM. More information is available below:
- Halloween has come to 2K Beach! Beachgoers will now find Halloween themed decorations throughout the Neighbourhood.
- Player likenesses have been improved for more than 60 NBA and WNBA players.
- Welcome to the NBA Finals! Heat vs. Lakers is now the default Quick Play matchup.
- Preparations for new 2K Beach Events coming later in October and November. Stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks!
- Adjustments to make set screen movement more realistic.
- Fixed content holes that led to inconsistent side step pull-up jump shots.
- Changes to Shot Aiming system to prevent modded controller abuse.
- Park dribble moves (still performed with L3) now require Hall of Fame Tight Handles badge to use. Also disabled park dribble moves when calling for screens to prevent conflict with switch screen side function.
- Fixed some issues where MyPLAYER doesn’t win over new fans after certain in-game achievements.
- Fixed a hang that could have happened when exiting MyCOURT after playing a 2v2 or 3v3 game in MyCOURT.
- Preparations for the first $250K MyTEAM Unlimited Tournament GameDay!
- Preparations for the second Season of MyTEAM!
- General improvements to The Exchange.
- Added warning when skipping silver or gold Badge Upgrades for Hall of Fame Badges.
- Addressed an issue when player cards appeared on Ball Drop boards
MyLEAGUE / MyGM
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect logo may appear from downloading other user’s save via the new Save Sharing feature.
- Fixed a hang that was occurring in Play WNBA or NBA Today after being in WNBA Season mode.
Many more fixes included to improve the overall experience of NBA 2K21 across all game modes.
*Update is available across all platforms except for Nintendo Switch, which will be available at a later date.