Return to 1982 and enter a world of salesmanship, crime and desperation in a game inspired by classic movies of the eighties and nineties, launching on Kickstarter today
Calgary, Canada – 23 September 2020. Independent developer Naturally Intelligent today announced Dirty Land – a video game about salesmanship, crime and desperation, inspired by classic sales movies of the eighties and nineties. The studio today launched a Kickstarter campaign for Dirty Land, with opportunities for backers to appear as “leads” in-game.
See Dirty Land’s Kickstarter Launch trailer here:
Part drama, part satire, part life of a salesman and part murder mystery, Dirty Land is a story-driven adventure about desperate people and criminal behavior in an era when greed was good.
Dirty Land casts players as Frank Marsh, a newly-hired salesman for Pure Sky Properties – a real estate office where coffee is for closers and the goal is selling worthless swampland to unsuspecting buyers for a profit. Will you discard your ethics to make a quick buck for you and your family, or will you take the high road and find a way to carve out an honest living?
- The Birth of a Salesman. It is 1982. You are Frank Marsh. You’re a good man who made a bad mistake and you’ve ruined your family. You can’t change your past, but you can change your future.
- Something New Every Day. Begin each morning outside your drab office in a run-down strip mall. Every day brings new characters to meet, new events to experience, and new stories to be told. Who knows what will happen tomorrow?
- Always Be Closing. Every day you’ll have chances to make a sale or two. Learn what your leads like, study their habits, memorize everything you hear about them and make that sale! How many leads can you pitch and sell each day to get back on your feet?
- Enter an office from hell. Thought your work environment was crazy? This is worse! A bizarre boss, wisecracking rival salesmen, an elusive owner, and more. Choose to be polite or rude, and make friends or enemies.
- Play amateur detective. Immersed in a world of desperate men and shady characters, Frank will come face to face with crime, corruption, backstabbing, and even murder. Everyone is a suspect; even Frank. Can his connections and detective work help keep him out of jail?
Fans interested in Dirty Land can back the Kickstarter NOW and get involved from as little as $1. Visit https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/naturally/dirty-land-thrill-of-the-sale for more details.
Additionally, an IndieGoGo campaign has been launched alongside the Kickstarter to give backers additional option in supporting Dirty Land: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dirty-land