Biggest Content Update Yet for Viking RPG Adventure Brings Dungeons, Skill Tree System, Destructible Buildings and Improved Co-Op Campaign
Ragnarok Game LLC and developer Studio 369 announced today that RUNE II’s largest content update, The Campaign Update, is now available now via the Epic Games Store. This refresh introduces an all-new main narrative to replace the old RUNE II storyline, with new characters, numerous quests, and an ending sequence fit for a legendary Viking saga. The Campaign Update includes the new dungeons of Midgard, a skill tree system based on four different god paths (Odin, Hel, Thor, and Heathen), horde events, village system with destructible buildings, and an updated Co-Op Campaign.
The full and enormous list of features can be viewed HERE
To commemorate this massive content update, RUNE II is now on a limited promotional sale at the Epic Games Store:
- Standard Edition is 30% off ($19.79)
- Berserker Edition is 34% off ($24.79)
- God Slayer Edition is 50% off ($29.99)
RUNE II The Campaign Update Features:
- Main Narrative Overhaul: A new overarching story is introduced to RUNE II, with three main chapters that unwinds a tale of betrayal, rebirth, and revenge. Numerous side quests have been added to compliment the now linear direction.
- Dungeons of Midgard: Deep within the depths of Midgard, an ancient evil has awoken. Inspired by classic RUNE levels, the dungeons will challenge the most hardened Viking warriors as they encounter a gauntlet of enemies, challenging platform sequences, and vile monster bosses. Rare loot awaits!
- Skill Tree System: Bring the power of the Norse gods to aid your quest with unique abilities from the new skill tree system. Gain experience and unlock over 20 abilities centered around your chosen deity… or reject the gods to choose the heathen path!
- Viking Village Life: Rebuild the land of Midgard by gathering resources to repair villages. Create longhouses, forges, and other buildings to restore the community as villagers return to rally behind your cause. Loki’s army will attack during Horde Events, so take up arms with villagers to defend to the last man, woman, and child!
- Updated Co-Op Campaign: The new RUNE II narrative is best experienced together with friends online and co-op multiplayer has been vastly improved. Battle side-by-side against enemy hordes, revive fallen companions during battle, assault enemy fortifications to destroy their buildings, and stand as one to face the prankster god Loki!
The Campaign Update is now available for RUNE II on the Epic Games Store. RUNE II will be launching on Steam this November. For keeping up on all things RUNE II, join the epic Viking war cry on Discord, read the latest update on our website, like us on Facebook and Instagram, subscribe to our YouTube channel, and follow us on Twitch and Twitter.
# # #