New Comanche Update adds Single-Player Mission, 3rd-Person Mode and Overhauled Controls
Sydney, Australia, August 7th, 2020 – We are doing the Early Access to learn, what the players want” explains Fabian Baumgarten, Producer at development studio NUKKLEAR, “and it became quite clear, that we wanted to totally overhaul our controls, add more single-player content and quality of life features.”
Therefore, Update 3 will add the new single-player mission “Bank Job” to the campaign, where the player leads an assault of ground forces with his Comanche attack helicopter. Together with a whole IJTF Strike Force, the Comanche will witness a full offensive against the Kude Core’s last stronghold in the middle of the desert.
Next to loads of new content like the continuation of the single-player campaign, developer NUKKLEAR took the time to take a deep look into the helicopter controls. Players can now choose between “Arcade” and “Simulation” controls, which play drastically different from another and will satisfy casual and experienced players alike.
Speaking of controls: For this update, NUKKLEAR and Thrustmaster teamed up to support the most important Thrustmaster HOTAS devices natively.
Additionally, the frequently requested 3rd-person mode has been added to the game.
You can find all changes in the patch notes:
Expect epic crashes, neck-to-neck fights over the finish line and brand-new ways for metal to bend – These are the once-in-a-lifetime moments that can only be achieved in Wreckfest, with its true-to-life physics simulation crafted by legendary developer Bugbear, who also brought you FlatOut 1, 2 and Ultimate Carnage. Burn rubber and shred metal in the ultimate driving playground!
- The community wanted it, we listened: Singleplayer is here and will be expanded on a regular basis.
- Two in one: Control the classic Comanche itself or the technically advanced versions of this legendary helicopter in heated dogfights, and step into its accompanying drone for close-quarter combat.
- Infiltration: This mode combines helicopter combat and drone, your objective is to either defend or infiltrate a base where the attackers have to place an EMP, which the defenders will have to disarm.
- Blackbox: Team Deathmatch with kill confirmation – when you shoot an enemy, collect his black box with your drone. Fast-paced multiplayer action. Coordinate with your team and find the fastest way to achieve the most takedowns.
- Countless strategic opportunities: Pick one of many Comanche/Drone combinations armed with varied weapons and unique gadgets that compliments your playing style.
- Shape the game: pick up Comanche in Early Access and participate in the development with your feedback and input!
- Constant content updates: To expand, modify and improve the game. THQ Nordic and Nukklear will continuously provide new exciting content for Comanche.
Notes for Editors:
NUKKLEAR is an independent game development studio based in Hannover (HQ) and Berlin, Germany. The core team members started working together, all the way back in 1999, and since then established themselves as an expert powerhouse in gaming and digital content development. NUKKLEAR is known for its expertise in creating networked and connected gaming experiences and has developed multiple MMORPG and online games. But NUKKLEAR are also gamers! From the first office frag fests in the legendary Doom™ to fierce competitions in the beloved Tekken™, the team has been immersed since the very first day of their professional existence – to keep in touch with the market and to keep up to date with the latest in tech by continually evolving.