Slice through enemies, and spring deadly traps in this hauntingly beautiful adventure
London, UK – 21 August 2020. Hidden Layer Games and Chucklefish have today launched their cinematic and deeply atmospheric puzzle-platformer INMOST on PC and Nintendo Switch on 21 August.
INMOST will be available on Steam, GOG, Humble and Nintendo Switch for £11.99 / $14.99 / 12.99€. Owners of To the Moon from Freebird Games on Steam can get 10% off INMOST for a limited time. To the Moon’s emotional narrative made a deep impact on Alexey of Hidden Layer Games, inspiring him to develop his own emotional and story-driven title. As such, we are thrilled to be teaming up with To the Moon’s creator, Kan Gao, for this promotion.
An intimate story of loss and hope, INMOST explores the perspective of three unique characters in a nightmarish landscape that is perfect for enjoying on a dark and stormy night. Slice through enemies, and spring deadly traps in order to escape the evil that awaits.
INMOST, by Lithuania-based indie studio Hidden Layer Games, is an emotional and deeply atmospheric narrative-driven puzzle platformer. Uncover the story of an adventurous young girl, a stoic knight and a man in search of answers.
Escape the depths of an otherworldly labyrinth in this cinematic puzzle platformer. Explore a hauntingly beautiful world, with three playable characters, in one dark, interconnected story. Something is lurking in the shadows.
- Venture through a hauntingly atmospheric pixel art world
- 3 main characters, each with their own unique gameplay styles
- A knight adventures into the depths of a deteriorating castle. A child uncovers the past of an eerie house. A wanderer searches for answers.
- Lure enemies into lethal traps, solve environmental puzzles and utilise your scythe, hookshot and pickaxe to avoid a gruesome end!
- Discover a 3-5 hour emotional story, intended to be played in a single-sitting on a dark, stormy night
- Explore every nook and cranny to find secret passages and collectibles
- INMOST on PC also features CORSAIR’s dynamic iCUE lighting integration software, turning an entire PC setup into an extension of INMOST’s world as RGB lighting reacts to in-game events to further immerse players.
With the launch of the Nintendo Switch and PC versions, this will be the most complete INMOST experience, featuring all new story content, locations to explore and puzzles to overcome.
New features include:
- New story content including cutscenes, characters and many new lines of dialogue.
- New Locations and Puzzles
- New and improved enemies
- New music tracks and sound effects
- Enhanced weather effects
- Optimized in-game physics and improved performance
- Improved localization
Follow our friends at Hidden Layer Games on Twitter. Want to follow Chucklefish too? You’ll find us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. Phew!
About Hidden Layer Games
Based in Lithuania, we’re an indie game studio composed of two core members, Andriy and Alexey, who have been working together to make games for over 8 years. We initially started experimenting with small Flash, HTML5, and later mobile games for clients, until one day we decided to break the cycle, and gamble all of our savings to make our dream project – INMOST!
We’re an independent game developer and publisher based in London, UK, with a love of charming pixel art and a drive to support and create amazing games. Since 2011 Chucklefish has developed its own games (Starbound and Wargroove) and supported indie developers to realize their own visions. We’re the publisher of titles such as Risk of Rain, Stardew Valley, Timespinner, Pathway, Eastward, INMOST and Starmancer. With our third in-house game – Witchbrook – in the works as well as many exciting projects from our publishing partners, we’ve never been more proud to remain independent.